Any metal heads in here?

I have "Iron Man" playing in my head right now, does that count?

Seriously, I'be been into metal for as long as I can remember.  I tend to like some old school stuff mainly.  Newer groups are too "pop" and are without solos.  Now you can't have a decent song without a screaming guitar solo, right.  

My favorite band of all time has to be RUSH, or Metallica, though rush is more of "music with a message".  

Chris
Does Iron Maiden "COUNT"?
laugh.gif
I have "Filght of Icarus" in my head all the time, you know....FLY....ON YOR WAY......LIKE AN EAGLE!!!!! Theres alot of heavy ass bands doing guitar solos. You oughta check out Arch Enemy. The song "NENESIS" has some killer trade offs. If you are into death metal the band NECROPHAGIST is UNMATCHED in musicianship, SIMPLY INCREDIBLE.

It was an awsome show. Theres talks about doing it again next year. If so go n check it out man probablly the best concert for the least amount of money. The only real down side was beer prices sucked terribly.

Ok, my list....in no particular order;

Def Leopard..."pour some sugar on me"
Whitesnake..."here I go again"
Eagles
Skynyrd
Van Halen
AC/DC...Hells bells
Seger
Scorpions
Tom Petty...last dance with mary jane..
Alan Parsons project
Atlanta Rythm Section
Pink floyd
April Wine remember "slow poke" great tune...
Cheryl Crow

Oh, and omslaw.....you are not alone! I listen to current country a lot. (yea....I is a bit red-in-the -neck)

Montgomery Gentry
Toby Kieth
Alan Jackson
Tim McGraw
Shania (she is SO fine)
Brooks & Dunn
Big & Rich..these guys've got some serious humor...
Phil Vassar
Vince Gill...quality.

Unlike some of you, I do NOT like old country....to much twangy shid for me....Todays country reminds me of southern rock a lot...

mjn its Leppard..

in addition,
Metal Church - Highway Star is a favorite..
young - cinnamon girl?
biggrin.gif

Warrant - cherry pie!
Whitesnake - here I go again
van halen - old style...

You could just call me "American-Red-Neck-Metal"

cool.gif

40__s.gif

beerchug.gif

egitarre77.gif

<!--EDIT|StageRulz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126380591 -->

Does Iron Maiden "COUNT"?  
laugh.gif
I have "Filght of Icarus" in my head all the time, you know....FLY....ON YOR WAY......LIKE AN EAGLE!!!!! Theres alot of heavy ass bands doing guitar solos. You oughta check out Arch Enemy. The song "NENESIS" has some killer trade offs. If you are into death metal the band NECROPHAGIST is UNMATCHED in musicianship, SIMPLY INCREDIBLE.
Iron Maiden kicks every single bands azz!!! I know how you feel...I have Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner or Dance of the Dead stuck in my head most of the time...or Ghengis Khan...that is one killer track..

mjn its Leppard..

in addition,
Metal Church - Highway Star is a favorite..
young - cinnamon girl?
biggrin.gif

Warrant - cherry pie!
Whitesnake - here I go again
van halen - old style...
leppard....leperd....lappord....whatever! Good thing PH12 isn't here....he'd be correcting my spelling too!!
tounge.gif

Ok, my list....in no particular order;

Def Leopard..."pour some sugar on me"
Whitesnake..."here I go again"
Eagles
Skynyrd
Van Halen
AC/DC...Hells bells
Seger
Scorpions
Tom Petty...last dance with mary jane..
Alan Parsons project
Atlanta Rythm Section
Pink floyd  
April Wine  remember "slow poke"  great tune...
Cheryl Crow

Oh, and omslaw.....you are not alone!  I listen to current country a lot.  (yea....I is a bit red-in-the -neck)

Montgomery Gentry
Toby Kieth
Alan Jackson
Tim McGraw
Shania (she is SO fine)
Brooks & Dunn
Big & Rich..these guys've got some serious humor...
Phil Vassar
Vince Gill...quality.

Unlike some of you, I do NOT like old country....to much twangy shid for me....Todays country reminds me of southern rock a lot...
That's a good list...
thumbs-up.gif

Got a joke for ya what has 9 arms and sucks???

Def Leapord. Its kinda cruel i know but still funny but i still give the guy props for trying with one arm

SLIPKNOT OR HATEBREED CHOOSE YOUR POISON
slipknot-hatebreed-mudvayne-sepultura-drykilllogic-dillingerescapeplan-rammstein-OLDmetall
ica-ledzeppelin-superjointritual-ac/dc-Tool-pantera

(inhales)

floggingmolly-dropkickmurphy's-robzombie-staticx-nineinchnails-dmx-ludacris-rundmc/reverend run-Hank williams III / Hank Williams (no Jr)-wayne hancock-dale watson-the amazing royal crowns-the white stripes-parliament funkadelic / george clinton / bootsy collins -

(inhales)

charles mingus-glen miller-ella fitzgerald-patsy cline-loretta lynn - ani difranco - frank sinatra - duke ellington -

(phew - that's all for now . . .)

Back