Any Mail Order Bride Stories?

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
My wife(NOT mail order:laugh:) works with a guy who did Chinese Mail Order.

I met her at their company picnic a couple years ago. She was educated, beautiful, charming, and spoke english. Who could ask for more?

They got married, had a little girl, and it all went down hill very quickly, she started surfing the internet for other men, and beat the infant.

He now has custody, she has to give him child support, but she cant give much because she got fired from her "Daycare" job, when they learned she can only have "supervised" visits with her daughter(that she beat).

The guy told my wife, "I have ruined my life"

Kinda messed up, right?

Any similar stories? Hopefully some success stories out there

Mail order brides??? Is that legal ??? What country was this in ???

Sounds like slavery an prostitution to me :angry:

The girl they send you could have an abduction case :angry:

Something doesn't sound right here or I am being paranoid an crazy again :dunno:

Mail order brides??? Is that legal ??? What country was this in ???

Sounds like slavery an prostitution to me :angry:

The girl they send you could have an abduction case :angry:

Something doesn't sound right here or I am being paranoid an crazy again :dunno:

We had a guy at my work do this with a Russian gal, you go through an "agency". You pay the "agency" to go meet these women. All legal, if done properly. You are not buying the bride, you are buying the opportunity to meet marriage minded women from other countries.

I think some can come over on visitors visa? Then if you marry, everything changes. I'm not an expert on immigration laws and marriage, someone will chime in with more info.

A brother of a friend of our family had a Russian mail order bride.

I didn't know much about her or them except it was DEFINITELY an ODD couple.

OOOPPPS, the guy at my work, met the Russian gal, and she didnt like him. Long story short, he spent alot of money hoping to get a Russian bride. She said Nyet:laugh:

Wasnt there someone on here a couple of years ago said he was leaving the Org for a while cause he had some woman coming from somewhere to live with him.
He was an active memeber if I recall right.

Wasnt there someone on here a couple of years ago said he was leaving the Org for a while cause he had some woman coming from somewhere to live with him.
He was an active memeber if I recall right.

A member, can't remember name, lost his job and moved to Thailand to be with a girl he likes, I don't think it was mailorder or anything. She offered to bring him there and he decided to go for it because of his situation. Actually pretty cool I think.

A member, can't remember name, lost his job and moved to Thailand to be with a girl he likes, I don't think it was mailorder or anything. She offered to bring him there and he decided to go for it because of his situation. Actually pretty cool I think.

Yep, an adventure in a foreign land:thumbsup:

My ex is on wife #4 who is a mail order from the Phillipines. This one will definitely last longer that the other 3, she has to be married to a US citizen for 5 years to get her citizenship or she can get deported.

Most of these women are leaving extreme poverty. Most of the men I've heard of who have found wives this way aren't really such great prizes. Why else would they resort to this to find a wife? ??? See afore mentioned ex - he's no prize for anyone...regardless of your previous situation.

True story. A former office mate, very smart, very well educated fellow (PhD), very different kind of guy.... Probably about 35 or so at the time. Having trouble meeting the right woman. Starts searching the internet. Finds a girl from Russia. I don't think it's through an agency. She's got a young son, maybe two years old, but he really likes her anyway.

Anyway, he starts a correspondence for a few months, starts taking Russian language lessons. He goes to Russia to meet her. Meets her parents, loves the kid, sees the town, some more intimate things.

Comes back head over heels in love. Starts telling me how "European women are so much more sophisticated than American girls."

He shows me a picture of her. I say: Wow, she's really young.
She's 19.
Is she in college?
No, she dropped out of high school. But it's really hard to make a living in Russia and she's living with her parents.

So let me get this right, she's a 19 year old high school drop out with a two year old son. Yeah, you'd have to look pretty hard here in the States to find a girl like that to marry you. European girls really are more sophisticated. (not that I had the nerve to say any of that to his face.)

A few months later he went to Russia, married her, brought her back, moved to New York. Don't know if they're still married.

What I can say is that she was way younger and much better looking than he could have gotten locally. :rofl:

OOOPPPS, the guy at my work, met the Russian gal, and she didnt like him. Long story short, he spent alot of money hoping to get a Russian bride. She said Nyet:laugh:

When you get turned down by a mail order bride, does that pretty much mean you should stop trying? Poor dude.

had a buddy looking into the "wife tours" kept saying "come on lets go will be fun, lots of hot chicks and... well fun :whistle:"

I was like, man I dont have issues here so thanks but no. Then I looked at it. The "tour" was like 5k, included round trip airfare from NYC (coach), 2-3 cities, a translator for your entire time there, 4 or 5 star hotels and 3 meals a day, all transfers and local travel was included in the 5k. The parties were also included. If you break this down, you could never do this deal for the same $$ out of pocket, even if you toss the "parties" out as pure bonus.

So while the happily ever after pooh may or may not pan out, those tours can be an interesting way to see some areas that would ordinarily be too $$$.

And no neither of us went but I suspect my buddy will at some point LOL

One of the girls at work (smoking hot by the way) is a mail order from Russia, Chechnya if I recall correctly. She was 18 when some old geezer bought and married her, then after a year or so became very abusive toward her verbally and ultimately began to beat her when she threatened to leave him. One of our co-workers contacted EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and got her some help, got her away from him.

She is now happily married to one of my childhood friends. Lucky dawg! But you know what they say ...
No matter how hot they are someone is tired of their crap. :laugh:

Okay, I have to post up on this...I married a "mail order bride". But it is not what you think. I went to Moscow in Nov. 1999. By the way Moscow is an English version of the capitol of their country..the real word for it is Moscba..pronounced Mosk-va. I went there as a tourist and hired a translator...Did the Kremlin tours, art museums, and such. You have no idea how difficult it is too travel in Russia. After about the third day the translator, a lovely lady named Larissa, asked me if I was single and then asked if I would like to meet one of her nice Russian girlfriends? I answered yes I would. So, my adventure in Russia blossomed. I went back and forth across the Atlantic 3 more times to make sure of things before we got engaged. At the time I was living in Mammoth California at 8000 feet. Not a lot of women in this town and the competition was something like 1 girl to every 7 men...ha ha...anywho!!! Russian women are very nice women. I am not saying anything about American women being bad. I just didn't have much luck with them. Russian people, in general, are much better educated than Americans. Their culture is a tea culture so their ideas of civility are different than ours. They are more exposed to literature and arts in all forms then the average American. I have sat three rows back of center stage at the Bolshoi theater in downtown Moscba and watched 6 foot something ballerinas dance to the Tchaikovsky's Nut Cracker for less than 40 dollars a ticket...Try and get one of those in Los Angeles or New York. Remember that the country was a communist country until just early 90's...There are huge corruption problems in their culture, men die much younger than American men due to alcoholism and hard work. It is not uncommon at all for men to have several mistresses along with a wife if they have any financial success. In Russia the men have the legal rights to the children. Women do not have the same legal rights or protections that the American system affords our women. It can be quite complex living arrangements due to this. It is not unusual for a man and a woman to divorce and still live together. It is about the apartment and who owns it. Just because they are divorced has nothing to do with legal ownership of the apartment. Anyway, I digress, my lovely bride died of breast cancer only 2 years after we were married. It can only be understood by someone who has lost a child or spouse who they loved deeply...I prayed God would take me instead of her a million times but it was her fate and not mine. So, after about a year I picked myself up and started internet dating with Russian girls since I found my previous wife to be an excellent wife. The women are looking for a western mindset towards marriage. That is the best I can say about it. The American man will support a woman...most of us consider cheating on a woman to be a taboo best left alone...we are not alcoholics or wife beaters...and we work... A woman with child or over 35 years old in russia is almost impossible for them to find a mate. The ratio of men to women in Moscow or St Petersburg is like 3 to 1...due to wars ...mostly. During WWII millions of men were killed by the Germans and the disparity has never been overcome...add economics and alcoholism to the mix and you have some real problems for Russian women to find a suitable mate. I have at least 6 other American men who married Russian women who live in my immediate area and all of the marriages are doing well. All of the women are educated at university level, cultured, polite, and interesting women. I am treated better by both of my Russian women then I ever was by an American wife...I couldn't have done better or be happier...so it worked for me. If you are single guy and would like to attempt this type of thing feel free to call me and I would try and help you out with any information I gained from living in Russia for almost a year...just my story..2hip

:poke: :thumbsup:on the russian brides.....also always ask for the happy ending when you get a massage:cheerleader:

Okay, I have to post up on this...I married a "mail order bride". But it is not what you think. I went to Moscow in Nov. 1999. By the way Moscow is an English version of the capitol of their country..the real word for it is Moscba..pronounced Mosk-va. I went there as a tourist and hired a translator...Did the Kremlin tours, art museums, and such. You have no idea how difficult it is too travel in Russia. After about the third day the translator, a lovely lady named Larissa, asked me if I was single and then asked if I would like to meet one of her nice Russian girlfriends? I answered yes I would. So, my adventure in Russia blossomed. I went back and forth across the Atlantic 3 more times to make sure of things before we got engaged. At the time I was living in Mammoth California at 8000 feet. Not a lot of women in this town and the competition was something like 1 girl to every 7 men...ha ha...anywho!!! Russian women are very nice women. I am not saying anything about American women being bad. I just didn't have much luck with them. Russian people, in general, are much better educated than Americans. Their culture is a tea culture so their ideas of civility are different than ours. They are more exposed to literature and arts in all forms then the average American. I have sat three rows back of center stage at the Bolshoi theater in downtown Moscba and watched 6 foot something ballerinas dance to the Tchaikovsky's Nut Cracker for less than 40 dollars a ticket...Try and get one of those in Los Angeles or New York. Remember that the country was a communist country until just early 90's...There are huge corruption problems in their culture, men die much younger than American men due to alcoholism and hard work. It is not uncommon at all for men to have several mistresses along with a wife if they have any financial success. In Russia the men have the legal rights to the children. Women do not have the same legal rights or protections that the American system affords our women. It can be quite complex living arrangements due to this. It is not unusual for a man and a woman to divorce and still live together. It is about the apartment and who owns it. Just because they are divorced has nothing to do with legal ownership of the apartment. Anyway, I digress, my lovely bride died of breast cancer only 2 years after we were married. It can only be understood by someone who has lost a child or spouse who they loved deeply...I prayed God would take me instead of her a million times but it was her fate and not mine. So, after about a year I picked myself up and started internet dating with Russian girls since I found my previous wife to be an excellent wife. The women are looking for a western mindset towards marriage. That is the best I can say about it. The American man will support a woman...most of us consider cheating on a woman to be a taboo best left alone...we are not alcoholics or wife beaters...and we work... A woman with child or over 35 years old in russia is almost impossible for them to find a mate. The ratio of men to women in Moscow or St Petersburg is like 3 to 1...due to wars ...mostly. During WWII millions of men were killed by the Germans and the disparity has never been overcome...add economics and alcoholism to the mix and you have some real problems for Russian women to find a suitable mate. I have at least 6 other American men who married Russian women who live in my immediate area and all of the marriages are doing well. All of the women are educated at university level, cultured, polite, and interesting women. I am treated better by both of my Russian women then I ever was by an American wife...I couldn't have done better or be happier...so it worked for me. If you are single guy and would like to attempt this type of thing feel free to call me and I would try and help you out with any information I gained from living in Russia for almost a year...just my story..2hip

I can easily believe this. The stereotypes of mail order brides is rather horrible, because most people's experience of it is based on tv or movies, but in reality a large portion of the world does look up to American society and standards as far as home life is concerned. Western Europe and North America are the most open and stable societies of the world and are wealthy enough to live in excess. I do not blame the women for wanting to leave their situation. However, it is sad that often the males who use the system are not like 2hip, but are abusive and controlling. That being said the system is obviously a two way street, a true mail order company is out for a profit and may seek to censor important information to make the deal. 2hip it seems did not really have a middle man, so much as word of mouth amongst friends.

:thumbsup: Great write up! I myself have been in your shoes with american woman, so I have dated woman from other countries! Different mind set! :thumbsup:

Back