Any Kayak Fishermen Here?

SSGT_B

Registered
What’s your rig? I have a 13ft Ocean Kayak Prowler. Haven’t had the opportunity to get out since back to Texas but looking for to soon. Possibly going to add a a Hummingbird helix 5 FF but not sold on it yet.

Kayaker but not a fisherman LOL. I use a Malibu Two XL that I snagged off craigslist for way cheap. Great stable yack! If I was going to buy new the one you have would have been on my list for sure! I contemplated doing a trolling motor on it...

Nice! I’m not a good fisherman but I like to throw the line...lol. More about getting out on the water for me. I looked into a trolling motor as well. A few people have made a bracket for mine but I’m just not to sure about it. It would be great for those days when paddling against a current.

Stable? Ha! Couldn’t pay me to get in a kayak or a canoe. Too narrow, too tippy, and I can’t swim worth a damn. :laugh:
Wear a life jacket...you only have to know how to float with that...

I like canoes.........kayaks not so much...especially the type that have a curtain over your legs...I don't like to be locked into something which can go inverted into the water....

Made another cart today. Used the wheels from my last one, about 10 bucks at harbor freight. Got another stick of pvc, 8 bucks. Then gave it a bath and put it back on the ceiling...lol. Going to go salt water fishing and maybe throw some chicken necks to get a few crabs tomorrow.

E67E0FA3-F631-4D60-BF26-5B0520C42991.jpeg

23081397-A518-46E8-BB7F-4FC57FBC5D0B.jpeg

A3113DD8-73D1-4B87-AC5B-395AFD13A2F1.jpeg

7F4B232B-BE45-449A-9C26-19C91BDB9D59.jpeg

Back