Any info on "lifting" a gen1?

playinwitmatchz

Registered
Alright, i dont even know what i would search for regarding this, and have only heard passing mention of it in a post or two. Has anyone lifted the busa say an inch? Im not a monster but at 5'11" it feels low (not a bad thing, dont get me wrong) and ive heard of guys dragging case covers at stock height on a hard lean.

First of all, i dont know if its even worth doing (the front would be a challenge), but everything is worth discussion.

Many people have done it...just be patient and you will get a few choice answers...the back would be raising links and the front might be some spacers that raise up the controls...different brands to choose from as well.

I agree on the Soupy's +1 in the rear. Never needed to do anything to the front. Night and day difference.

Ah you guys are the best haha. Thanks! Ill be picking up the bike next week, that was first on the list of things i wanted to change.

On that note how does it change the handling? Eventually ill poke around a track day with the big girl for giggles so any input beforehand would be good to keep in the back of my head. Sort of like a what to expect just in case since i wont be seeing those kinds of speeds or angles on regular new england roads.

I don't know much about bike geometry etc. But the seat of my pants confidence levels made me feel like she turned in quicker and give you more leverage as a rider on the front lean ins.

I also went up an inch on my front bars. Suspension upfront remained unchanged as far as height.

I went with Lust Racing's jack-up kit on my 2005, made a big difference. I'm 6'1" and always found the seat a touch low for my tastes, the 1" lift in the rear felt much better. Improved the steering/handling/ground clearance as well.

With the rear raised, it will tip in a bit quicker than with standard geometery. I advise you get the bike first and put a few miles on it before you change anything. I am the same height as you and like where I sit as it is.

As well as the Plus one links, a 55 series tires make for some great handling!

Have had the 55/190 and soupys raising links on a couple gen 2's now.It only helps,no negative attributes what so ever!
Sorry to disagree with you Twotone(no offense intended), but no sense in starting out with an inferior set up to begin with.The gen 2 was designed with even more of a drag race package from the factory than the gen 1,which also benefits from being raised in the rear.Over 80,000 miles on 3 busas now.:beerchug:

Tried uploading pics,funny but they won't load,thanks mods:moon: TOO big??? since when(never a prob in the past),no wonder I do not bother anymore.Long live repression:banghead:

A1700408.jpg

457801.jpg

Back