Any ideas on the problem?

149034d1247258945-any-ideas-problem-0710091637a.jpg

The plug on the far right looks to be running cooler than the other three?? Maybe its the photo...

I think it was the photo... they all looked the same when I inspected them. I will try unhooking the Bazzaz and just run the ecu and o2 sensor and see if it stops. It doesn't happen very often so it makes it difficult to find.

heat rings look good...can you check egt's at the header tubes with an infra-red thermal unit. Let the bike idle at 1500 rpms check and at 2000 rpms then check see how the temps vary between cylinder..caught a dead coil and injector using this method.

lol....

Oh SURE any excuse to not ride with me ey Dozer!:laugh::laugh:

J/K..hope you figure it out bro, we still got some ridin to do..

Dozer, I admire you trying to trouble shoot this yourself vs. bringing it somewhere and having someone else do the work for you and then bragging about.

Let me know if you have exhausted all corners and need to spend some time at HPC. :bowdown:

Your buddies Turbo 1000 was no easy job, I am certain we can sort it out.

have you tried removing the bazzaz box all together yet? You wont hurt anything by doing this as long as your not doing any ham fisting and or full throttle runs. Remove it completely ride the bike and try and replicate the problem.

wtf is clean and balance of your plugs? :rofl: you got to be kidding me...and why would you do that when new ones are 4$...while your doing that check your muffler bearing and pitman juncture too:laugh:

Oh SURE any excuse to not ride with me ey Dozer!:laugh::laugh:

J/K..hope you figure it out bro, we still got some ridin to do..

We will get together soon...I have a abnormal work schedule so it makes it difficult to plan riding with regular schedules. I will be out riding after 11pm tonight if you are out.....:whistle:

Took my bike to the dealer and had them check the ecu for any thrown codes. Nothing was on there exept " ignition switch code ". That was probably due to the recall on the igntion switch wich was already taking care of. I will check the power wire again for the Bazzaz and if it happens again I will try running without the Bazzaz. Thanks for all the inputs and suggestions. It would be so much easier to find if it wasn't so sporadic. Thanks again, Dozer.

Dozer, I admire you trying to trouble shoot this yourself vs. bringing it somewhere and having someone else do the work for you and then bragging about.

Let me know if you have exhausted all corners and need to spend some time at HPC. :bowdown:

Your buddies Turbo 1000 was no easy job, I am certain we can sort it out.

I might come up Sat with John (blue busa) to visit... I think Nitro misses me :lol:

Well it happened again today ..this time it didn't clear right up and caught the air filter on fire :banghead:. Got all the debri out of the airbox that didn't go through the motor and let it air out she finally started. Got her home and took off the Bazzaz and now running the stock air filter and o2 sensor. Going to see if it does it anymore... glad I bought some spare parts to figure this out.

0814091331.jpg

0814091541.jpg

wtf is clean and balance of your plugs? :rofl: you got to be kidding me...and why would you do that when new ones are 4$...while your doing that check your muffler bearing and pitman juncture too:laugh:

I think there was a miscommunication there. He meant clean and balance the injectors.

--Wag--

Back