Any Gen2 Oem Suspension Adjustment Info Out There?

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
look to get my Busa's suspension in shape for non-two up riding and wondering if there are any of our resident geniuses (or other sites) who have already put together some guidance for the Gen2's.
thanks for any wisdom in the topoc!

Suspension sag is set by body weight.
How much do you weigh.
Sag needs to be set for YOU the rider.
But one of us that weighs close to the same can give you our settings.
That will get you in the ball park.
If you're near south central Va, I'll set your sag for you.

I am roughly 195lbs in full gear
These are the suspension settings I had on my gen2.
Sag, front 31mm, rear 30mm
with 7w fork oil. A firm ride that handled excellent on the street.
No chicken strips, front or rear, and no feathering or cupping of tires.
Rule of thumb is 30-35mm sag for track(smooth surface, not many bumps). 35-40mm street, to help absorb rough roads.
30-35mm street is fine, if you like the ride.
Front preload, 2 lines visible
Front compression, 5 clicks cc (counter clockwise) from full right(turned as far clockwise as they go)
Front rebound, 4 clicks cc from full right.
Rear preload, 3 threads visible above upper lock ring
Rear compression, 12 clicks cc from full right
Rear rebound, 18 clicks cc from full right.
Tire psi 34-36 hot, front and rear.
Keep in mind that this is MY setup.
It is only a ballpark reference for those close in weight.
Sag is always best set for the rider, and fine tuned by repeatedly railing your nearest twisty roads.

I'm 195 without the gear so will have to weigh myself with it, unless there's a general number used for most. Thanks for the info and keep it coming, I'll weigh myself in gear tomorrow!

Sorry for the delay here, busy times at the FD. Alright I'm roughly 212 with gear, never ride two up and since I have a full 4 into 2 system with a Lithium Iron battery there is probably a net 30-lbs or so reduction in OEM bike weight.

It's my understanding that Jinkster's threads were for the Gen1 and there were some relevant differences in the Gen2 suspension that would need to be considered if following his set-up advice...

Back