Any Female Hayabusa Riders?

Nah, it's the weekend, She won't be on here until she goes back to work Monday!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Wrong...I'm here!

I've had my Busa for 2.5 years now...best thing I've ever invested my time and interest in! Get your wife to join and have her start asking questions. That's what many of the gals here did...all 4 or 5 of us
wink.gif

My brief riding history, 'cause that's always what most women want to know (at least that's what I wanted to know)...bought a Harley, didn't even have a license. Pressured by hubby and father to "just try it 'cause it's not hard" and went down...no major bike damage, but my ego! Ughhh...after that I opted for waiting to take the MSF course which was the absolute right way to get started. Aced the class, started riding the Harley, put about 2000 miles on it and saw the Busa...I researched the Busa and lurked a long time on other Busa boards, then joined here and took the plunge.

I bought a new '03, learned to do the oil changes and all routine maintenance...only have 10,000+ miles on 'Caesar', but I also have a hubby and kids, so riding isn't always top of the list...I'm 5'7" and had to have my Busa lowered 2 inches in the front and rear...never regretted the decision to buy one and I can't imagine life without my Busa...

OH MAN, Busted
wow.gif
VA is in stealth mode !!

Yes Michelle, I'm heading off to .Org Time Out for not being nice!!
sad.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, there are females that ride Busas. I just got my 06 LE in November. I love the bike. My husband is going broke because he has to buy two of everything since he also got an 06 LE.

DSCN0030__Small_.jpg

You betcha! We girls can and do rides Busa's. I love mine dearly. I certainly did not start on a Busa. I moved up from a large cruiser (1500 Intruder) and I have to say - no doubt about it - the Busa is a sweet ride!!! I'm not an amazon. I'm 5'9 and weigh in at around 130.

<!--EDIT|scootergirl
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137989732 -->

040_40.jpg

Yeah I know bad first post, I usually don't have much to say, and most of my questions I can find answers too without asking (good lurker I guess).  Like I said though, she wanted to know and I couldn't find any proof.  

Thanks for keeping the pervert remarks to a minimum
laugh.gif
although aren't all guys?

FWIW My wife actually got her mc permit, and rode an ex 500 for a little while, till she dropped it in the driveway and could not pick it back up.  Seems that was her biggest fear, which sucks because she actually rode, which was waaaaay freakin' cool.  But now thinks that no one would ride a bike that they couldn't pick up.  I told her that was easy to solve, don't drop it.  Yeah I know I'm an A**hole

Haven't told her that I probably couldn't pick the busa up by myself!
I have been told that it is easier to pick a bike up at the handlebars, not the middle near the seat (where most people pick them up at.)

I told my husband today that I wish I could lay my bike down somewhere where it wouldn't get scratched or any damage and practice picking it up. (I'm thinking...just in case) He looks at me and says, why? I said to make sure I could. He says again, Why? Then I got it. (ok, I was slow. I had just come back from a good ride)

"JUST DON'T DROP IT!"

Sure easy to say.

On another note, I was pushing my GSXR1000 back into the garage. I was at the handlebars and the bike tipped really far to the right side. Now if I had been standing to the side of the bike, I would have dropped it. However, being at the handlesbars allowed me to not drop it. I was able to bring it center again and put my baby away. So maybe it is a lot easier to pick it up from the handlebars.

The other thing is. If it is dropped and she is not with you or in a group, I'm sure all she would need to say is, "Could you help me please?" Not really all that hard to say. If you dropped it you've already dinged the pride anyway.

If she likes the bike and has the skill to ride it, then she should get it. I know one of the girls on this board that rides one and she is a good rider. She isn't a huge Amazon either. She is taller then my 5'5" and can touch the ground, which I only tip toe. But in the future I'm going to learn to ride my husbands busa. Just so I can say I can. LOL

Good luck!

--Nanwags

I am also a female who rides a busa and I agree with Scootergirl you have to work your way up to a busa for any female..I hope I am not concerned amazon haha but I am not short and pettie either but to me that don't matter I see pettie girls ride 1000 all day long..

Back