Any die-hard Stephen King fans here?

i love SK's books, he is definitely in my top 5 of all time...voodoolord, if you like fantasy, check out the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson...it is the only series i rate higher than the Dark Tower series

PA - I sent the book out just now...PM'ing you the tracking info; should be there in a couple of days :)

I read 'em all as a kid but trailed off somewhere in the Dark Tower series. Really got to get back and figure out what the heck ever happened to Rowland. :laugh:

Regarding the movies... The problem is they keep trying to make the thick novels into movies which usually fall flat. You just can't tell that big (and good) a story in 2 hours (or even in a multi-part TV series). The Stand, Langoliers, and It were great books... not so much on screen. However, his short stories often make very good movies. Shawshank Redemtion anyone?

Later,
G

I read 'em all as a kid but trailed off somewhere in the Dark Tower series. Really got to get back and figure out what the heck ever happened to Rowland. :laugh:

Regarding the movies... The problem is they keep trying to make the thick novels into movies which usually fall flat. You just can't tell that big (and good) a story in 2 hours (or even in a multi-part TV series). The Stand, Langoliers, and It were great books... not so much on screen. However, his short stories often make very good movies. Shawshank Redemtion anyone?

Later,
G

Shawshank and the Green Mile...both great movies and both short stories...yep, very true :)

i love SK's books, he is definitely in my top 5 of all time...voodoolord, if you like fantasy, check out the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson...it is the only series i rate higher than the Dark Tower series

Thanks Semi, I love getting new author recommendations.

The new DT book is out and it is called "The wind through the keyhole" and it is good but not exactly about the DT characters.

I am enjoying the new Brandon Sanderson work, my kids read Steelheart and are now obsessed with reading. It is a much more rich experience than watching a movie. He has a series of Juveniles much like Heinlein did. I am near the end of "Mistborn" and it has been excellent adult reading. He has interesting mechanics for magic. Highly recommended.

Peter f Hamilton is good stuff too, very technical and fast paced.

The new DT book is out and it is called "The wind through the keyhole" and it is good but not exactly about the DT characters.

I am enjoying the new Brandon Sanderson work, my kids read Steelheart and are now obsessed with reading. It is a much more rich experience than watching a movie. He has a series of Juveniles much like Heinlein did. I am near the end of "Mistborn" and it has been excellent adult reading. He has interesting mechanics for magic. Highly recommended.

Peter f Hamilton is good stuff too, very technical and fast paced.

I Love Heinline, Asimov, Simak and that genre of sci fi. I especially love Isaac Asimov's non fiction books, very cool stuff.

PA - I sent the book out just now...PM'ing you the tracking info; should be there in a couple of days :)

The book just walked in my door!!!! Thanks again!!! Can't wait to read it. :thumbsup:

Book.jpg

My wife went to barnes & noble today and asked me if I wanted anything. I said to get me a wheel of time book and she came back with 5 of them. Her justification when I asked why she bought so many was "well there's 14 in the series" :laugh:

Back