Any color the wheels of the 2011 yet??

Hey Guys

I got a white 11 and dont like the bronze wheels. Definitely coating them either black or white

Has anyone here coated their wheels of a white 11 yet? If so, pics please

Thanks

Also, i have a poll going here if ya wanna vote:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/polls/154779-2011-wheel-color-powdercoat-white-black.html

Thanks

I was wondering the same. I really think matching the wheels to the bike would be a nice touch. Have you removed your decals yet? I'm thinking of removing mine to clean it up and give it that storm trooper look lol. :whistle:

Have you removed your decals yet? I'm thinking of removing mine to clean it up and give it that storm trooper look lol. :whistle:

Funny you ask! I started right after I posts this. Im not removing all, just the squiggles on the front cowling and below the Kanji

BUT.... I heated them up with a hair dryer as I usually do to remove decals and peeled them off fairly easily in one piece.

However, there is a fairly thick adhesive residue still on the plastics.

Safe way to take this off without damaging anything?

Thanks

Funny you ask! I started right after I posts this. Im not removing all, just the squiggles on the front cowling and below the Kanji

BUT.... I heated them up with a hair dryer as I usually do to remove decals and peeled them off fairly easily in one piece.

Thanks

I messaged the guy in this link. He said WD-40 took the adhesive residue right off. He took all decals off and his bike looks slick. I will probably start out like you suggested with the nose and lower fairing stickers and see how much that cleans it up. Supposedly its really easy with a blow dryer. I have a feeling I will be doing this before the week is over.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/154609-looks-naked.html

Thanks

GooGone

Goo Gone. I had to remove the old owner's military stickers off the front fender, got all of the residue off without a problem. I also used it to remove the residue on my helmet after I removed the Snell sticker on the back. Works great, and doesn't harm the paint. Just put it on a washcloth to apply it with and a clean washcloth to remove it with. Good luck.

Thanks Guys

Ive been using wd40 and goo gone, tried one on each side. They work about the same, but definitely not an easy one wipe ordeal! Bike looks much cleaner/meaner without the decals there though!

WHITE for sure! I want to see finished product!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back