Any bike racers here?

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Got a 9th place Sunday, 110 miles up in the Virginia mountains, at Natural Bridge. Hills up to 16% grade, one 3 mile climb, then shorter climbs all the time. Whole thing was either up, or down.

Think I'm getting to old for this, but hey it keeps the circulation flowing. Maybe I need to get back to track days, a bit easier. :whistle:

We had a nice lead out, with the Ferrari's.

Scenery was to die for, have to do this on the Busa one day.

Bridge1.jpg

Bridge9.jpg

Bridge1.jpg

Bridge9.jpg

Congrats!! I honestly don't know how you do it, but I am glad you can! :laugh:

110 miles on a bicycle...I followed cyclists for 100 miles back in 2011, on my Busa. I left that experience with a very sort clutch hand and realizing I'm not the crazy person on 2 wheels :whistle:

Hope there were more racers than the pic indicates or 9th would have put you near the back of the pack! :laugh: Seriously, that is a long way to ride a bicycle. Congrats! Haven't done that since I got my cycling merit badge about 35 years ago. Even then I think we only did 50 miles.

Hope there were more racers than the pic indicates or 9th would have put you near the back of the pack! :laugh: Seriously, that is a long way to ride a bicycle. Congrats! Haven't done that since I got my cycling merit badge about 35 years ago. Even then I think we only did 50 miles.

Big, 60 mile group, but only 22 of us in the long distance group. Finished by 14, the rest retired with a DNF. The winner was a US national champion road racer in 2013. Probably one of the hardest rides I have done since being back into this.

Big, 60 mile group, but only 22 of us in the long distance group. Finished by 14, the rest retired with a DNF. The winner was a US national champion road racer in 2013. Probably one of the hardest rides I have done since being back into this.

Wow, good for you! I'm tired just reading about this :p

Back