Any appliance guys out there?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
My GE fridge started smoking like crazy from the back and we pulled it out and unplugged it. I took the cover off the main board and found the circuit board was fried all the way through... I know there are some recalls out there for GE motherboards, anyone have any inside information that might be helpful?

Apart from this issue the fridge is like brand new.

36726878_10157590951024867_8037314803724713984_n (1).jpg

36791136_10157590950984867_4874538923180687360_n (1).jpg

36748400_10157590950954867_3602425152622559232_n (1).jpg

GE stuff seams to be having problems, my daughter got new washer and dryer and has had them out three times .

I'm not an "appliance guy" but this year I have had to replace a stove, a coffee maker, a furnace, and now a dishwasher! Not what I wanted to be blowing my money on for damn sure.

Had a fridge do the same thing but it was in the inside and it melted some plastic. It ordered a replacement for around $80. Hope some one has some real insight. I have a Samsung now it works fine but has some a error message I looked in to getting it fixed and would be $300 just to get someone to look at it. So I just live with it. Darn appliances are starting to become more computer than machine.

I'm not an "appliance guy" but this year I have had to replace a stove, a coffee maker, a furnace, and now a dishwasher! Not what I wanted to be blowing my money on for damn sure.

On the furnace thing,the igniter on ours went out last year(furnace is 20 years old)and we called out the man.Said even "if" he could find that igniter it would probably run around $500-$600 to fix.I pulled it out and cross referenced the part #,turns out it's the same one our gas dryer uses...got one on E-bay for $16 and had it running again in 10 minutes.:DDamned ripoff bastids!:crazy:

I had access to another one that is up and running and the old one is in the garage.. I fix stuff like this all the time but wasn't sure if the actual burning main board was a normal thing or not..

On the furnace thing,the igniter on ours went out last year(furnace is 20 years old)and we called out the man.Said even "if" he could find that igniter it would probably run around $500-$600 to fix.I pulled it out and cross referenced the part #,turns out it's the same one our gas dryer uses...got one on E-bay for $16 and had it running again in 10 minutes.:DDamned ripoff bastids!:crazy:
I hear you on that. Replaced like 4 ignitors and one motherboard on ours and repair guy basically said stop spending money on this thing! So decided to abandon ship on the propane furnace and switched over to an all electric heat pump this spring. Been extremely happy since!

I had access to another one that is up and running and the old one is in the garage.. I fix stuff like this all the time but wasn't sure if the actual burning main board was a normal thing or not..
I would contact GE and send pics.... im sure GE doesn't want stories like this being told... but I wouldn't want new electronics... I would want a new fridge.

Back