any 1 new to riding

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I thought I'd start up this topic to let the new Victims , oops , I mean recruits , of the mortorcycling/ dot org community , know what to expect as it gets hot .

4 example : Did you kids know that the ashpalt can get so hot that your bike might be on its side when you get outa Burger KinK . Yup , soo hot yer kickstand will sink in .I carry a little 2x2x1/2 piece of plywood in the ol hump (in case there's nowhere else to park) .

Get vented EVERYTHING . jackie,hemut,pants,boot'e,glubs
You gonna roast an' toast if you don't.

BUGS....it's bug city out there now . Carry a lil bottle of glass cleaner an' a rag for yer visor .

Yer gonna boil....carry Gatorade...Powerade...water...

DONT BE A HOT HEAD....cool yer noggin' with the trunk water , and before starting out .

NO BOOZE....dehydrate da fug outa ya .

DONT BE TEMPTED....to start removing yer duds 'cause its too hot out . Dont give into the whiny thing sitin' behind ya either....no gear honey.....no ride .

Just me.....an' my views...an' my desire to push 'em down yer throat .
BE COOL.....

Buy a set ( or steal one from the home) of drink coasters and keep one in your pocket. They make the kind that are nice metal.

Just me.....an' my views...an' my desire to push 'em down yer throat .    
I'd like to see you try that ...
muscle.gif

now, serioulsy, thank you for your advice...
I drove a few days with my jacket, felt good, but I don't think I will keep that habit.

Now, where did you go today? where are the pics?

Something I think my Uncle taught me and it's damn true.  If it is too hot to wear the proper gear, then it is too hot to ride.

Also, t-shirts and shorts look kinda retarded on a motorcyclist.

They look even more stupid on a passenger.  Have respect enough for yourself, or for your passenger at least, to wear a helmet and some gloves at a minimum.  Yeah, I gear up all the time.  I figure at this point, the one time I don't is when I am going to do something real dumb...

And at the absolute minimum, even a quick little round the block, get and wear some good riding gloves.  You will thank me later.  Your hands are full of nerves and are delicate.

For real hot weather, I recommend a Joe Rocket Phoenix type of jacket, allmost like wearing a t-shirt and they look cool.  And get yourself a premium helmet and good ventilated gloves. Wearing ths stuff can actually make your ride a lot more enjoyable.  

OK OK Blah Blah Blah...I know...Old dudes don't know nothin...accept we have made it this far, maybe we saw something along the way?

My .02 added to Rubbersides .02 = 5 cents Canadian.

4 example : Did you kids know that the ashpalt can get so hot that your bike might be on its side when you get outa Burger KinK .  Yup , soo hot yer kickstand will sink in .I carry a little 2x2x1/2 piece of plywood in the ol hump (in case there's nowhere else to park) .
thanks ribbedsideout, good advize .
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orangered'>ribbedsideout</span></span>
Damn Cache...Nearly spewed Pepsi all over the Keyboard...

Though Rubberbridesgown was a good one...Sorry RSD...

I read somewhere a guy took a piece of Velcro and attatched one side to his lower fairing by his left leg and the other to his sidestand disk.  Then he allways had his disc handy.  

Also, if you don't have something, crush an empty soda can, works like a charm...

ribbedsideout,
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orangered'>ribbedsideout</span></span>
Damn Cache...Nearly spewed Pepsi all over the Keyboard...

Though Rubberbridesgown was a good one...Sorry RSD...
dont be sorry....the man's a genius...I liked 'em both .

I can hardly wait to see his post after mine . He usually has a good one .

Will that be Cache or Charge Sir ?

Good Stuff...And a good point with the heat coming...Though in all honesty I don't really know if BC gets really...Hot.  
rock.gif

Tampa/Southern Florida...Well OK the Entire South gets miserable...high 90's and High Humidity...  I miss home, Colorado at about 6000 ft.  Summer High 85-90 tops, almost no Humidity...

Good Stuff...And a good point with the heat coming...Though in all honesty I don't really know if BC gets really...Hot.  
rock.gif

Tampa/Southern Florida...Well OK the Entire South gets miserable...high 90's and High Humidity...  I miss home, Colorado at about 6000 ft.  Summer High 85-90 tops, almost no Humidity...
it was hot today Rev . That kinda hot where you wanna close yer visor 'cause the heats makin' yer eyes hurt . You want humidity...I live on an island ...yuk

reached 101 today, 99 as we speak at 6:30pm Pacific time... needless to say, rode in the cool cage today. hmm.... quittin time gonna get in das boot now... cya later, nippletieddown.

oh, almost forgot............. according to the topic - <span style='color:crimson'>ANY 1 NEW TO RIDING</span> - should try something smaller than a busa. imho.  
sarcasm.gif

Alright guys.. still barely over 300 miles on my Busa (damn rain).

But since I'm new to the Busa I'll put in my pocket change..

When I first started riding (6+ years ago now.. just after I turned 17), I was always wearing my gear.. jacket, gloves, helmet (required by law here in MA). But after a couple months and some 90+ degree days.. that was short lived. Off came the jacket, off came the gloves..

I think I'll be the same with the Busa.. Probably still wear long pants since we got duals.. but I'm sure I'll be sporting a T-Shirt and no gloves if summer ever arrives.

I know it's dangerous. But to be honest.. having to gear up with all this leather when it's 90+ (or even 80+) out is not riding to me... it's just asking for heat stroke.

That's just how I see things.. and I know I'm younger than pretty much anyone on the board..

Mind you.. I won't be lifting up the front end in a T-shirt and shorts..
thumbs-up.gif

insertoriginaljokehere, please wear gloves at least! get some cool ones.... your hands WILL get sweaty and you WILL lose grip. THAT will WILL lead to trouble. If you must ride gearless, wear helmet and gloves. thank you, come again.

Back