Anxiety/Panic Attacks

Speed King

Banned
Anyone here ever have Anxiety/Panic Attacks?

I used to have them a lot.

I still have them every now and again only they are not as bad, usually when I go to bed.
Symptoms are hyperventilation , tingling in hands and sometimes face and neck.

Yea, its scary, sometimes ya feel like your going to die.

Used to have them bad. I used to try to go to the shops and get out the door or up the road and had to come back just scared for no reason. Get them very rarely now thank god really mucked up my life for a while.

Freq medical reason, check hormones, Serotonin based Trazodone a good one.

Sorry you have to go through this. I'm guessing you have already consulted a doctor. Just my 2 cents, have you tried to divert your mind by doing something else when you get anxiety? I have gone through a phase when I used to have depression. But I used to try to divert my mind by doing something else til it goes away.

Freq medical reason, check hormones, Serotonin based Trazodone a good one.

& depression.
natures remedy-
mod_smilie_weed.gif

:laugh:

Sucks, especially cause they usually come on when you are entering a relaxed state. What a cruel joke that is....!

i used to get panic/anxiety attacks bad, and yes it did feel as though you were in distress after about 6 trips to the ER doc finally said you need further help....it worked though, but the meds suck....

Never experienced anxiety, but I do know that every time I come back from these rides this is how I feel:

Busa:
Wide awake and exited, can't wait for the next ride.

Harley:
Relaxed and sleepy, time to go and take a nap.

Husqvarna:
Everything that works hurts and everything that does not work is ready to fall off. Feel like I need an ambulance to recover.

My friend's 21 year old son just came back from Iraq.. He started getting them while he was over there and he returned, they got worse..

The military thought it was combat related when he was seen by the military doctors in Iraq..

He was rushed to the emergency room and he was diagnosed with Hodgkins disease. So far they had to crack open his chest to remove a growth by his heart and he is now getting chemo.

So always get it checked out.

I never took any medication for it.
I don't like the idea of taking a pill.
I drink thou and when I drink they go away.

Ya, kinda weird, they come on for no apparent reason and without warning.

I never took any medication for it.
I don't like the idea of taking a pill.
I drink thou and when I drink they go away.

Ya, kinda weird, they come on for no apparent reason and without warning.

there ya go.
when i was drinking and smoking the chronic, whenever i'd lay off, i'd get anxiety.

Alcohol legal
Mother nature not ?

One day when things change I may do so to but for now the cure to my anxiety attacks and depression is going to the range and killing about a dozen paper silouhettes :)

You would not believe how good 200rnds downrange will make a man feel !

used to get them...i pace alot...for me its just me letting me get away from me...if that makes sence

Alcohol legal
Mother nature not ?

One day when things change I may do so to but for now the cure to my anxiety attacks and depression is going to the range and killing about a dozen paper silouhettes :)

You would not believe how good 200rnds downrange will make a man feel !

lol...i do the same...just not in reality ...

On my PS3 :D ohhh...shooting someone on their face in point blank with a shotgun...or snipe someone's head 200m away...simply sweet...all anxiety, frustration, depression goes bye bye :D

Interesting thread... I too have anxiety and nervousness..for over 10 years...i take the meds for it and they work for me.side effects are not so fun but bearable. Funny it only happens when i drive a car or truck....phobia of losing my liscense... sucks when feet tingle heart rate goes up etc. Anyway i start my day with 2x of X med and a small piece of paxil.Dr said i guess it's just the way you were put together..hahaha.
Ps and yes it just comes on without any thoughts of it....like halfway to work...Oh sheez wheres my meds..no fun at all.

Back