Anti Freeze

Rich

Registered
Well I bought a full D&D exhaust and I have to take the radiator off. My question is does the bike use regular anti freeze? I got back from Germany today and was anxious to ride the busa today but did not want to rush putting it back together. So I took that Katana out. Tomorrow I will get the busa going. Thanks in advance.

Welcome back Rich!
I would use the OEM radiator fluid myself.

If is hot enough there, I would use water and water wetter. Cheap and runs very cool, cooler than water wetter, antifreeze, and water. The only problem is water wetter has no anti freezing capacity, but it does have anti rust capacity like antifreeze.

I just flushed my radiator last month.  I'm using Engine Ice, I will have to wait until the summer months to see if the temperature has been reduced.  So far, no complaints.
To fill the radiator I needed one full bottle and a small portion of the second bottle.

Company Propaganda:
Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is biodegradable, phosphate free & non-toxic; while reducing operating race temperatures by as much as 50°F and effectively keeping boil over temperatures to 256 °F or less and freeze-up protection to -27° F.

Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is premixed with de-ionized water to protect your water cooling system from scarring, scaling and to effectively provide "prolonged optimum operating temperatures."

Like Puck I recomend ENGINE ICE it's good stuff.
muscle.gif

use only bike coolant. regular Anti freeze has more chemicals in it that are corrosive.

Thanks for the info. It is good to back. It is pretty warm here. I am in northern california.

I am in Fairfield. That is about a half hour from Sac and 1.5 hours from San Fran. Are you over here.

i'll be in San Fran this saturday till tuesday...

now about your question. you can put the exhaust on without removing the radiator. just undo all the radiator brackets and it will pull far enough out of your way.. good luck.

BTW

Welcome back welcome back

it's good to have you back around

welcome back welcome back

or however that song goes...

I use Engine Ice and would highly recommend it so far forme its been good my buddy runs it in his GSXR1k and he likes it also it works.

Ninja Eater is right on the money!!use only bike coolant. regular Anti freeze has more chemicals in it that are corrosive.[/QUOTE]
Regular anti freeze will eat up the water pump..... That is fact!!

Back