Anti-Bike Missile

Yes i was wearing gloves, a helmet, agv boots, and a leather jacket. The jacket held up great except when it slipped off my stomach. The gloves were cheapy summer, almost like driving gloves that did not hold up well. The helmet was ICON and held up well, but visor ripped off. Not bad for a 70 mph face plant.

On the good news side looks like the insurance company has me covered. If my bike is totaled, I will not be buying another 'busa, not because they are bad bikes, but because I loved mine, and would rather not replace her.

Did you have one of the old helmets like a mainframe, or the original domain? Because those helmet do not have the side plate holding down the visor. I see the new ICON helmets Domain2 and airframe have side shields like my Suomy and Arai. They claim it prevents the visor from coming off like yours did but it does make a helmet noiser and harder to change out the visors. Just something to consider on your next helmet purchase.

so where did the blood come from? (and you need to go ride a new busa before saying no)
smile.gif

Hit a Dog 20 Years ago...... Killed the FUC... I Highsided and Landed on My Face and Shoulder. Thank God I wore my Gear that Night as it was not required 20 years ago in the Great State of Kalifornia !!!!!

Did you Not have Gloves ?

Oh by the Way... GLAD YOUR OK
thumb_up.gif

Take the dead dog to the vets. Reason, new technology around that some owners implant in dogs a electronic chip (like my dog has) and the vet can scan the dog and see if it has one. If there is one in the dog it will tell the vet who the owner is. Also, in the area of the dog go to all the nearest vets and even if there is no computer chip in dog, I am sure a vet may know this dog. At least this is what I would do.

Glad you're ok, though the whole thing sux. Some LEOs automatically assume the bikers are guilty not matter what.
flush.gif

Glad you're hurt too bad. Get healed up.

Find the dogs owner. As a fellow dog owner I know that they are responsible for ANY damage caused if their dog was running loose around the neighborhood.

ahh sorry to hear about that but how the hell did a dog end up on the highway?!? cause most the ones i've seen in florida have fences along them unless the dog was a jumper out of someones truck

Glad your not hurt worse!

Its probably too late and you were taken to the hospital, but if its possible track down the dog's owner.

I know there are many cops out there that do a great professional job. But man, it always seems like us taxpaying normal joes always get the asshat cops. I would definitely file a report on them. Making a judgement on what caused the accident before getting the facts(looking for a dead dog on the road) and talking to witnesses is completely unacceptable to me!!
argue.gif
Your driving record and insurance is at stake from these retards half-a$$ing their job!

Back