Another went down thread. oh joy.

Coming home from being out at a small club, no drinking, 1:30 AM.

had just gotten on the road and cruising along going about 30 in a 35, green light my way and a car comes out from behind a relatively blind corner going 35-40 down a side street. he doesnt stop for the light, and goes right into the intersection.

as soon as I saw him I threw all my brakes on (brand new rear EDC pads put on THAT DAY.) locked my wheels up (BRAND NEW PIRELLI DIABLO CORSA THREES put on the DAY BEFORE:banghead:) locked the front and rear up, and slid into the side of his car.

when I hit i think i was going around 20.

racked my nuts on the triple tree really hard, body was thrown into the windshield. my balls were KILLING me.

EMS on site within about 4 minutes, bike was rideable so i rode it over to the side of the street. told the EMS guy my nuts were killing me (arm and head too but that came later) and that I was NOT going to leave until I found out what was going on with my bike. called GF she drove parents truck up and we loaded it up after the hospital discharged me at about 5AM.

the kid was 19, with two friends in the car- he DID stop and stay thankfully...
said something along the lines of : "mann this is like, my third accident."

wtf. really.

and I was riding out to VEGAS from CLEVELAND on this coming thursday.

pics to come, forks look good but all plastics in the front are boned.

colton.

ps: my arm hurts, but my balls are better now.

had just gotten on the road and cruising along going about 30 in a 35, green light my way and a car comes out from behind a relatively blind corner going 35-40 down a side street. he doesnt stop for the light, and goes right into the intersection.

as soon as I saw him I threw all my brakes on (brand new rear EDC pads put on THAT DAY.) locked my wheels up (BRAND NEW PIRELLI DIABLO CORSA THREES put on the DAY BEFORE:banghead:) locked the front and rear up, and slid into the side of his car.

racked my nuts on the triple tree really hard, body was thrown into the windshield. my balls were KILLING me.

EMS on site within about 4 minutes, bike was rideable so i rode it over to the side of the street. told the EMS guy my nuts were killing me (arm and head too but that came later) and that I was NOT going to leave until I found out what was going on with my bike. called GF she drove parents truck up and we loaded it up after the hospital discharged me at about 5AM.

wtf. really.

colton.

Sorry to hear about it Colton, glad your ok though!!!

wtf. really.

colton.

Don't tell that to the girlfriend. Take full advantage of this opportunity:whistle:....lol

Seriously, glad you are feeling better.

Very glad you did'nt suffer worse injuries and it sounds like the bike will be taken care of! Take it easy and heal up!

i've learned over the years that if i'm gonna be out past 11pm i like to take the cage (not that i always do) but..stats of gettin nailed by a drunk on your bike go up expotentially after midnight.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Well if you make it out to Vegas and I am around I will buy you a beverage to fight this 106F+ heat.

I'll be IN VEGAS from the 12th till the 17th or so.

thanks alot guys, I need to wait on the police report so I can start getting the bike fixed.

if i hadnt of slowed down It chills me to think what could have happened.

im feeling wary of riding now...

Man, sorry to hear about the bike and balls.:laugh: Glad you came out as good as you did.

Glad you are ok! Almost had the same thing happen the other day! Very close call and the dude gave me the finger while he was in the wrong too! Was riding 2 up! Again glad you are ok!

Holy crap Colton, Glad you are doing okay. As far as feeling wary, I'm sure most feel the same after a down. Heck, I dropped my bike doing a few mph and was on edge for a while after... Just take your time man. Glad that you're unscathed for the largest part though.....I'm sure you had your gear on, and I'm sure you won't leave w/o it now.

This type of thing makes you think about what could have happened had you been going faster. Kinda unnerves you but gotta keep on riding. Glad you weren't hurt worse.

good to hear your recuperating a bit from your accident and your junk is on the mend. hopefully you can fix your bike up relatively cheap and move on.

Back