another upright day

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I'd mention that the other day I stayed upright the whole time riding.
smile.gif
Like skydivers, motorcyclists regale us about their crashes or near misses... I feel like turning that table and reporting some quality time riding WITHOUT incident. I hear the phrase "2 kinds of riders: those that went down and those that will" but I believe there is a 3rd kind: it IS POSSIBLE to never have an accident. I won't know if I'm in that group until my ride on this planet is over.
smile.gif

My buddy, his new KAW6R, myself and BusaBaby went out around 200 miles with no problems. Did some dragging, where I basically paced him side by side to 130 for the fun of it. Yeah, I coulda left him, but he's a freind, on a smaller bike, he knows it... it was more fun being 1.5 feet away from a lil whining 600 rapping up to 15000 at 130. Just plain fun. Found some hilly twisties in the bright afternoon sunlight, where I stretched my throttle muscles and enjoyed the leaning, the air, the tires sticking, the air, the G-forces, the air, and then waited for him to catch up. Basically drove around the green country side, headed nowhere, no time limit, no internet, no police nearby, not much talking, just man and machine. Pushing the edge but not bleeding over it. Had fun for 3 hours. No accidents, no close calls, nothing morbidly entertainging to report.

Another upright day and I hope you all have those too!
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Nice to hear that I dont have to offer you my stock mirrors and or cans ! Well said, I kiss my dogs every time I take my Busa out ,never knowing what the Big Apple is gonna have to offer me when I go . The feeling is just as amazing each and every time and more enjoyable when I finally get off unscathed after a ride.

Nice to hear that I dont have to offer you my stock mirrors and or cans !   Well said, I kiss my dogs every time I take my Busa out ,never knowing what the Big Apple is gonna have to offer me when I go . The feeling is just as amazing each and every time and more enjoyable when I finally get off unscathed after a ride.
I had a pretty sweet ride Tuesday, no excitment.  Kinda nice once in awhile to actually "Take it easy" it's usually to hard to behave...

Bigfoot, you actually ride in the City?  Intentionally?  Is it real creepy with alot of cagers gunning for you or is it more of a typical big city downtown where everyone is paying attention because you have to?  Just curious, lot's of respect for the Urban pilots...

Rev I work in midtown but live just outside. I take my GMC cage in every day and rarely actually take the Busa into Manhattan. But I ride in Brooklyn and Staten Island all the time and yes its as crazy as it seems. I see pics and read stories of all the members here that have miles and miles of twisties and straights and am envious. Dont get me wrong I love slaloming between potholes and strewn garbage cans but I rarely get to test the upper limits of my beast .

Rev I work in midtown but live just outside. I take my GMC cage in every day and rarely actually take the Busa into Manhattan. But I ride in Brooklyn and Staten Island all the time and yes its as crazy as it seems. I see pics and read stories of all the members here that have miles and miles of twisties and straights and am envious. Dont get me wrong I love slaloming between potholes and strewn garbage cans but I rarely get to test the upper limits of my beast .
Sounds a little rough. I haven't been to the NorthEast at all. Well past Baltimore anyway. I came from Colorado to Tampa and I whine about the lack of open spaces here. Then when I consider the population and growth in your neck of the woods...maybe I'll just quit whining...

THATS WHY I WONT BUY D&D OR ANY EXPENSIVE PIPES BECAUSE I KNOW ONE DAY I WILL LAY HER OVER AND MESS THEM OVER PRETTY GOOD. SO I WILL STAY STOCK TILL I REPLACE THOSE.

Back