Another update about Dallas Memorial Day ride

I saw this on the news locally multiple times.

I can just hear the countless conversations taking place with people who think sportbikes are unsafe.

And let's not forget this: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/151623-texas-house-bill-2470-dies-committee.html
the authors and supporters of this bill, although it didn't pass, I'm sure are saying "Told ya so", "More rules are needed for this class of motorcycle"

All it takes are relatively small numbers of a$$ho|es to damage public opinion.

Thank goodness for those motorcycle-rights groups who meet around the nation, like that guy from WY on the blue busa.

It's squid riders and the ignorance of all others on the road are reasons why sportbikes get singled out and/or profiled against by John Q. Public and LEOs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if life is brought back to Texas House Bill 2470. Its going to be a long battle between sportbike riders and LEOs here. Last year wasn't a good year for sportbikes either here in the DFW areas. There was alot of highway racing, stunting, sportbike related accidents and last years infamous highway shutdown. Unfortunately this is just the beginning of bad news for us riders who aren't acting like ass clowns. There's ways to remember ones life but endangering others lives in the process isn't the way to do it.

All it takes are relatively small numbers of a$$ho|es to damage public opinion.

Thank goodness for those motorcycle-rights groups who meet around the nation, like that guy from WY on the blue busa.

Russ is a great guy. He rides all over championing our rights.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...31146-casper-keys-back-travel-log-w-pics.html
also just rides all over :laugh:

And yes it will be sad to see the outcome of this as far as public image goes.
Let's hope Texans are still intelligent enough to see that it is a small minority making all look bad.

so those who witness dangerous bikers should get thier license plate number and report them.....so WE CAN GET CARS LICENSPLATE NUMBERS OF DRIVERS WHO CUT US OFF AND PULL OUT IN FRONT OF US OR LANE SWITCH AND WE ALMOST DIE EVERY TIME.....AND THEY WILL PROSICUTE THEM FOR "RECKLESS DRIVEING"??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet there's plenty of vacant parking areas in that area where those guys could have had a blast and still had plenty of look at me time. That's the route they need to go.

so those who witness dangerous bikers should get thier license plate number and report them.....so we can get cars licensplate numbers of drivers who cut us off and pull out in front of us or lane switch and we almost die every time.....and they will prosicute them for "reckless driveing"??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1000

Bashing the whole group of sport bike riders for the actions of a few is no different than bashing cops for the actions of a few.

i knew preston and he didnt ride like make it out that group of riders is 99% of the time in a parking lot everyone does stupid stuff every once in a while this one just bit him in the ass

Back