another tire bites the dust

myfirstbusa

Registered
Well, my 09 Busa has 5,167 miles on her and I'm replacing ANOTHER tire! Of course it came with the junk Bridgestone, then I put a Dunlop Qualifier Sportmax on her, only got 2,217 miles out of it. Now I'm considering going with a Michelin Pilot 2 Road Tire. I know it's not an ultra high performance tire, but it has the harder center tread compound, and that's where I keep destroying my tires. Right down the center. Heck, belts are showing as we speak. I don't do burnouts either. Or lock my tire when stopping. Anyone know if this tire is a good choice for my tire dumpster of a bike?

Pilot Power 2CT....Got the Hard Compound You Need for the Center and can still hit the Twisties :cheerleader:

If your center is going out quickly, try pilot road 2ct. It lasted me 6k +.
Posted via Mobile Device

Trying AV56 on mine this time. Ran the Michelins exclusively on the '06 and liked them. Thought I'd try something new.

I am getting ready to put another tire on the back of mine at 17K+ miles. this will be be my third tire, had the stock tires on for the first two, trying the Pilot Road 2 this time, hope to get over 10,000 miles this time. I got 8.5k+ miles out of the stock ones.

Well, my 09 Busa has 5,167 miles on her and I'm replacing ANOTHER tire! Of course it came with the junk Bridgestone, then I put a Dunlop Qualifier Sportmax on her, only got 2,217 miles out of it. Now I'm considering going with a Michelin Pilot 2 Road Tire. I know it's not an ultra high performance tire, but it has the harder center tread compound, and that's where I keep destroying my tires. Right down the center. Heck, belts are showing as we speak. I don't do burnouts either. Or lock my tire when stopping. Anyone know if this tire is a good choice for my tire dumpster of a bike?

Hit FISHHOOK up on the Road 2 he has like 7k or8k on his back and ride the hell out of his bike at the Dragon
I'm going to try one when i get the money

Last edited:
Quit launching like everything is a drag race and you can get more miles out of your tires. :poke:
+1... and the tire you had really is not junk at all... your riding style needs "tuned" A bit of checking and you will see if you abuse the tire it wont last long on a busa..

Well, my 09 Busa has 5,167 miles on her and I'm replacing ANOTHER tire! Of course it came with the junk Bridgestone, then I put a Dunlop Qualifier Sportmax on her, only got 2,217 miles out of it.

Yep, I am familiar with this concept..... :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

OEM BT-15...... never liked this tire in anything but the very hot/dry conditions. But then the treadlife was pretty dismal:

trashed2.jpg

So then I tried a set of Dunlop Qualifiers..... awesome stickiness, but at the expense of treadlife... here's 2200 miles on this rear Qualifier:

fabric.jpg

Still and all, as TruWrecks and Mr. Bogus correctly observe, the Hayabusa rear treadlife, for any given tire brand, is directly tied to how disciplined (or undisciplined) your throttle hand is.

Since my shock is toast and I really don't have the fund-age to replace it at the moment, I have been riding my K8 fairly gentle this summer... and as a result, the current Pilot Road I am running is well over 4000 miles, and I am just at the halfway point to the indicator bands in the center.

Continental Road Attacks lasted me 10K per rear commuting, and looks like about 5K mainly pleasure riding now that I don't ride to work anymore.

And 20K out of the front BTW. I really like these tires.

Maybe I am not as hard on tires as some of you. My stock tire is at 6,785 and looks like this. I have a new one waiting to go on.

0714091033.jpg

Can I get an order of fries to go with my chicken strips please? :whistle::laugh:

Just messin' with ya. I'm getting pretty good wear from my 2CTs so far and I'm not easy on them. Don't do burnouts very often, but I'm aggressive with the throttle most of the time. The side compound is fantastic as well.

I got 4.5K out of my first front and 3k on the first rear had the belts showing, went to a bt016 and was out of tread at about 2k. Just put 2CTs on both the front and back, hoping to take them out this weekend to see how they do. I'm pretty sure I've spent more money on tires than fuel.

You guys that are getting 4K + for a set of tires are amazing. Wish I had the displine to stay out of the throttle in 1st and 2nd but it's just too much fun.

(Myfirstbusa) How in the world do you go through two tires with no burnouts or lockups with only 5k on the bike? :dunno:

maybe I ride a tick too hard?? I DO like to launch at every opportunity. Guess I'm a little hard on the tires. And 1st and 2nd gear wheelies probably don't help either, since I don't clutch them, I just let the power stand it up! Oops.

Back