Another storage option, *no hacking required*

OK I had my 3 day tripped plan to do Tail Of The Dragon and other roads in the TN/ NC area. I scratched my head wondering how I was going to carry anything, and I knew I didnt want a backpack on me all weekend.
I have read the under tail storage mod but didnt like the idea of hacking into the plastic and using black RTV silicone over my beautiful Suzi. The brain storming began... I looked over at my 250CC china made touring scooter that I call Ol Fortune Cookie. Well Ol Fortune Cookie had a great storage box on her and it was also water sealed as I remember putting a 10lb bag of ice and 12 cans of beer in on a few trips to the track. It also has a lock mechinism built in so your stuff is secure!!
The silver matched the silver on my 09 and the black blended in with the seat. I placed it on the Suzi with the read seat removed and she fitted nicely and didnt look half bad. So I used some grease to mark the black rubber grommets and sat the box on it, I then removed the box and drilled 4 holes. I found some stainless allen heads with washers with the correct thread and bolted her down. Woooooo Lahhhh storage and plenty of it!! I think it looks ok and other bikers that have seen it complimented it and said it looked factory! When I got home I removed it. It took a matter of less then 5 minutes to remove it and place the factory seat back on:cheerleader:. This is just another option for those that dont want to hack up your bike just so you can store a can of coke.
2ajownn.jpg
[/IMG]

Heck yeah. It was good to meet you at the CROT. I am really digging this mod.

cool, the only problem is now its not water tight so theres no more ice and beer.

Why of course its still water tight, rubber washer. LOL ;-)
I will take more pictures in detail tomorrow. Its a pretty simple mod, I would say start to finish takes about 30 minutes. Tools required a drill, something to mark the rubber grommets so it leaves an imprint on the bottom of the storage, such as vaseline, grease, your wifes lipstick LOL!
I like it cause you dont have to cut up your inner fender and the storage area is great. I am going to look for a link and paste it here to help others have some storage for them over night trips or you just want to pack a few cold ones for the trip... coke of course :laugh:

Heck yeah. It was good to meet you at the CROT. I am really digging this mod.

Hey BIG E Yeah it was great to meet you also!!:beerchug:
I really liked the feel of your risers and lowered pegs. Thanks again for allowing me to sit on your Busa to get a feel of it.

On a separate note...got to love Killboy, always has the best spots! BTW, my and some friends go to Tennessee every year during May (Last year was my first year, but going every year now, and they have been going for many years prior). Let me know if you plan on going back around that time, we can meet up! :beerchug:

On a separate note...got to love Killboy, always has the best spots! BTW, my and some friends go to Tennessee every year during May (Last year was my first year, but going every year now, and they have been going for many years prior). Let me know if you plan on going back around that time, we can meet up! :beerchug:

Sounds great! I was a bit disapointed 2 weekends ago since it was the fall busa bash on the dragon. I was expecting to see every other bike a Busa. Ohh well the few busas riders I did meet were very cool.:beerchug:
Instead I got stuck behind Hardly A motorcycles.. GRRRRRRRRRR! Some didnt use the pull offs and I had to follow them watching sparks fly from there floor boards as they reamed em out as I rode behind with one arm resting on the tank in fusteration feeling as I was in an Old Folks Parade in Florida

Back