Another Stealership Rant

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
I heard they had Scorpion visors at a certain dealer (was listed on scorpion website)down here in South Florida and needed a new one. Get to the stealership and it is HUGE. Lots of really cool bikes. They did not carry the visor even thought the website says they do, but was in heaven with all the bikes to look at. They had everything including all 3 colors of new 08 Hayabusa. They also had a really cool custom 07 (of course no camera on me). I immediately head over to orange and black Hayabusa after looking at custom. I have been dreaming about the Orange and black '08 since I saw pics on this website. There is a guy sitting on it with a salesman trying to sell it so I walk over to the Blue one to check it out right next to Orange one. I am not trying to eves drop but hear the salesman lying to the guy. The Guy looking at the bike seems to have a knowlege of bikes and the gen1 Hayabusa. I, of course, do not have a gen 2 (just dreaming about them), but have a decent knowlege about them being on this site. He says it feels lighter than Gen 1 bike and dealer says, oh yeah, it is much lighter, over 30 pounds. I laugh sarcastically and decide to keep quiet. Then the horsepower comes up and a few other lies, so I finally jum in and tell him it is heavier, but taking exhaust off will fix that. The salesman is getting pissed and customer starts asking me questions. Then guy asks price, They are asking a little over $13,000.
rock.gif

I finally tell him if he really likes the bike, go somewhere else where they are honest and that he can find the same bike for thousands less. I tell him about our site and tell him to visit it and there are peole here that can answer any of his questions and find a better priced dealer.

I think I really pissed off the dealer, so might not be welcome back to take pics of custom Hayabusa
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
good on you man! Just like a car/bike salesman.

Sometimes its fun into a stealership and play "dumb" about bikes and see what they can come up with about the Busa. That BullSH** gets so deep i got to put the waders on!!
cool.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
Good job! I went to the delaership here that told my wife 13,900 OTD and wound up telling 3 dudes looking at the K8 to go to Romney Cycles where I got mine, they don't like me there either dude hahahah
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

So you went to the "mega" Fort myers dealer, I have to say very nice place ....I bought my 08 in Punta Gorda very small place but   12.000 otd

Dan

What dealer was it when i lived their i bought in Palm Beach they beat everyone elses on my 06
beerchug.gif
and good for you letting someone else know the truth
thumb_up.gif

Salespeople like that really hate knowledgeable people.

If the salesman had told the guy the real figures, weight/hp and such, he'd have bought it anyway. If someone wants a Busa the're going to buy a Busa, why risk loosing a sale to another dealership by insulting a knowlegable person's intelligence with a BS horsepower and weight figure?
rock.gif

Agree with you all! I went to 4 places to look at a new busa. I had a price Quoted by one..(Which, I went back to and felt better with my deal!) I was treated like a piece of crap for having everything figured out. One guy was like damn, never met a person who had the $hit together. Meaning he didn't have do anything! Told him what I wanted and if he could match it. No! and that I was nuts!!! Needless to say I didn't buy a bike from him either. But it was nice showing up with my new ride and parking it in front of there show room, with the another Dealers plate on it!!! It was fun rubbing it in!!!!

beerchug.gif

I know they need to make a buck to stay in business, but outright lying and ripping off people is something else!

Good on ya, mate!

Back