Another sproket question sorry

jethro52185

Registered
I have a bone stock 09 busa. I noticed the other day that the bike cuts power at 190 based on the top speed limiter. That's plenty fast enough for me! I also noticed at 190mph or from what I could tell was the top speed if the bike, the rpm's are only at or around 9500 (I couldn't really tell exactly, I couldn't look down very long). My question is, what sproket combo will allow me to still do 190 with a speedo healer, and use all if my available rpm's at the same time. Basically I want to redline at 190. Is there a formula for figuring this??

Is there a formula for figuring this??

Yes the formula is racetrack+EMS=safe for others on the road.
Please slow down.

Factory speedo is almost 20mph off at that speed so if you saw 190 you were closer to 170.

I was actually on my buddy's runway, so I was only taking my own life in my hands. So from what I understand the bike in stock form does redline at top speed? I'm not even a big fan of going that fast, I just want to get there really quick. What would be a good sproket combo to suit my needs? I really don't see why I would need to go faster than 160 to be completely honest.

Please slow down.

Factory speedo is almost 20mph off at that speed so if you saw 190 you were closer to 170.

And just how would you know that? :dunno:

Oh, by the way, how did the DVD turn out? I'm looking forward to learning more about the SD Card recording devices! :beerchug:

And just how would you know that? :dunno:

Oh, by the way, how did the DVD turn out? I'm looking forward to learning more about the SD Card recording devices! :beerchug:

Uh....I have a 30 mile long dyno here in Florida..we have been over this..
GPS as well as Iphone show same , factory speedo progressivley becomes more and more off as you get along lil doggie !

Still cant figure out how to burn quicktime/mpeg to DVD for true HD picture.
If I convert to wmv then I lose my intent of getting clarity on disc.

Have not tried to put it on usb but other poster in my thread seemed like he knows so I did not pursue it.

for now I'm stuck.

Sorry Jethro for the sidetrack

back to your question.
You need to get an accurate figure on your true speed 1st.
Then use one way to unlock factory limiter which there are many.
Most of these will alow you to raise factory rev limiter as well as remove speed restriction.

When you do a true 185 believe me the diff of 5mph more wont be discernable.
150-160 up to 170 fine but pushin past that you need space both to get there and slow down mostly.
The diff between 170 and 180s or more is significant in drag and other factors.

You can get from 100 to 160+ on the speedo in 6-7 secs.
It takes a lot longer than that to react and or slow down and stop.

And no tuf I am not posting the video.

I've pretty much decided to get a pretty steep gear setup. I know my inability to keep from twisting the throttle on the top end, and gears will significantly slow my dumb butt down. That being said, will a -1 front and a +2 rear be too much for a stock swingarm? I got a lot if a$$ in the seat, I'm 6'1 230lbs. And I plan on extending the swingarm 6 inches or so at a later date, just don't have the extra funds for a new swingarm right now.

yea, sorry I still need another cup of coffee :laugh:
Don't you mean -1 +2?

It will be aggressive but you can get used to it pretty quick it all depends on your throttle control. A little extension to the wheelbase always helps to keep things in even more control.

Last edited:
Back