Another Sign of Bad Economic Times - Maybe?

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Bill Heard closing 13 auto dealerships - Phoenix Business Journal:

Okay, we all know that the US automakers have been struggling to say the least. This was a bombshell for all of us in the Houston area, as the two dealerships here in town sold tremendous volumes. Bill Heard in Sugar Land has been periodically touted as the "Number 1, Volume Dealer" in the country. So, how did it all go downhill??

I don't know about the dealerships where everyone else is, but I was a little taken back by the Better Busniess Bureau here reporting that the Bill Heard Group Nationwide has a horrible record of customer compalints, accusations of fraud, and improper business dealings.

If anyone can back up this information, please do so?? I never purchased a vehicle from them, so I am not familiar with them like that. I remember there were a few .org members that were salesmen, maybe they can shed some light on this.

Whether not it was shady business or tough economic times, the sad part is that here goes another 2,700 jobs lost across the country. 650 of them here locally.

My step mom was involved in this closing, luckily she does the title work for the chevy dealer here. She has 4 weeks untill she is out of the job. Bill Heard was also known as mr. big volume here as well.

Marcus,

Same thing happened here. local GM dealership closed. the guy has been an icon in this area for ever. huge dealership. never thought he would close his doors.

Found out he had been having problems for awhile, the city evenr loaned him over $200,000 a while back and it didnt help. The sales manager didnt even know what was going on, went into work one day and was told they were closing.

Him and his wife a fricken lost now. He had worked for the dealership for along time. They both allways had new cars provided by the dealership, didnt have any car payments, didnt have to pay for car insurance, and didnt have to pay for any of the fuel they ever used.

Now the guy is out on the street having to make car payments, paying for his own insurance, and his own gas.

Yeah I know, at first glance you think "awww poor fella" but when you get used to a certain lifestyle and that life style is pulled out from under you it has the same affect on everyone.

yeah our economy is in real bad shape. We are fricken hemorrhaging as a nation

I feel bad for the people that are losing their jobs, but it's about time they put that crook out of business.

Nephew WAS living in a 1/2 Million DOLLAR HOUSE Here in SACTOWN. 2 Beamers in the Garage and a Pretty Blonde Girlfriend in his Bed. Lost the REAL ESTATE JOB and the House and is Currently Unemployed :dontgetit: I work for a Nationally Known Service Facility in Sactown and Have a Pile of Applications from People that are Over Qualified Looking for a Minimum Wage Job :dunno: I am Lucky to be Where I am At but WOW !!!!!!!!!! :wtf:

Back