Another rider down at the Bash

Guess I'm catching the tail end, glad to hear everyone is ok
bowdown.gif

Thanks to org members, your bike is stronger/faster
super.gif

MC you know getting back on the bike is a healing process, even if you just sit on it. Stay up and be safe

I can't say it any better than everyone else who posted. I am glad you are ok MC, kudos to the .org on getting that girl up and screaming again.

bowdown.gif

Sorry to hear you went down... glad to hear you are ok! Way to go guys for hooking him up and getting is bike rolling again!!
beerchug.gif

Guys -
I just read this thread and am overwhelmed to say the least. Here is what happened as I remember it.
A group of us headed out around 7:30 for a short ride just to clear the pipes. Everyone was riding smoothly and we weren't clipping along too fast (50-60 or a little more)... It had been raining all day so the roads were a little damp but nmot too bad...
Anyway, we entered a lazy left hand sweeper followed by a sharp right hander. Semi was right behind me and said that he saw my rear break loose, I stood the bike up and then leaned again when the rear broke a second time.
Here is what I remember:
As I was setting up for an outside inside right hander, I felt the rear break out from under me, so I stood her up -and found myself pointing at the side of a hill - so I leaned her over as far as I could to try to stay on the road; that was when the rear broke again - slide into the wet grass and that is when Bessie fliped; I high sided and rolled out into the road... I am sure that there are a million things that I could have done differently - but, I was sitting on Bessie yesterday and we were riding all morning this morning for the group photos....

As far as the rebuild; you wouldn't believe what happened; I wish that someone would have taken video cause you had so have seen it to believe it.

Wow, what a story. Thank God you're already here to tell it. Again, I'm glad you made it through with (hopefully) little more than sore muscles.

(MC MUSTANG @ Apr. 29 2007,01:12) Guys -
I just read this thread and am overwhelmed to say the least. Here is what happened as I remember it.
A group of us headed out around 7:30 for a short ride just to clear the pipes. Everyone was riding smoothly and we weren't clipping along too fast (50-60 or a little more)... It had been raining all day so the roads were a little damp but nmot too bad...
Anyway, we entered a lazy left hand sweeper followed by a sharp right hander. Semi was right behind me and said that he saw my rear break loose, I stood the bike up and then leaned again when the rear broke a second time.
Here is what I remember:
As I was setting up for an outside inside right hander, I felt the rear break out from under me, so I stood her up -and found myself pointing at the side of a hill - so I leaned her over as far as I could to try to stay on the road; that was when the rear broke again - slide into the wet grass and that is when Bessie fliped; I high sided and rolled out into the road... I am sure that there are a million things that I could have done differently - but, I was sitting on Bessie yesterday and we were riding all morning this morning for the group photos....

As far as the rebuild; you wouldn't believe what happened; I wish that someone would have taken video cause you had so have seen it to believe it.
Glad youre ok Sir,does she need anything? Was the "mission" accomplished?
rock.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Apr. 28 2007,13:20)
(MC MUSTANG @ Apr. 29 2007,01:12) Guys -
I just read this thread and am overwhelmed to say the least.  Here is what happened as I remember it.
A group of us headed out around 7:30 for a short ride just to clear the pipes.  Everyone was riding smoothly and we weren't clipping along too fast (50-60 or a little more)... It had been raining all day so the roads were a little damp but nmot too bad...
Anyway, we entered a lazy left hand sweeper followed by a sharp right hander.  Semi was right behind me and said that he saw my rear break loose, I stood the bike up and then leaned again when the rear broke a second time.  
Here is what I remember:
As I was setting up for an outside inside right hander, I felt the rear break out from under me, so I stood her up -and found myself pointing at the side of a hill - so I leaned her over as far as I could to try to stay on the road; that was when the rear broke again - slide into the wet grass and that is when Bessie fliped; I high sided and rolled out into the road...  I am sure that there are a million things that I could have done differently - but, I was sitting on Bessie yesterday and we were riding all morning this morning for the group photos....

Glad youre ok Sir,does she need anything? Was the "mission" accomplished?
rock.gif
Yes, the "mission" was accomplished... CAp realized they were installed when someone commented to him how nice they were...
smile.gif

I am glad to hear everything is back on track on you can still ride shawn. Let me know if you need anything to spiff up Bessie once you get back. I got a whole bunch of extra parts now I would be more than happy to send you. Take it easy and keep the rubber on the road from now on brother.
beerchug.gif

(rubber2burn @ Apr. 27 2007,09:36)
(05bulldog @ Apr. 27 2007,09:05) glad to hear it was not worse...heal up MC...way to get bessie back running guys!
Could not have said it better myself. To the guys that got Bessie back up and running  
bowdown.gif
 great job.  Now Shawn be safe and get back on the that horse and Ride Marine.

Be safe guys bring all our Guys and Girls back home safe
I am glad to hear everything is back on track with you and can still ride shawn. Let me know if you need anything to spiff up Bessie once you get back. I got a whole bunch of extra parts now I would be more than happy to send you. Take it easy and keep the rubber on the road from now on brother. SEMPER FI MARINE!
beerchug.gif

High sided... flipped the bike... rebuilt and riding the next morning!! Wow... just Wow! This place and its people are awsome!!!
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
super.gif

Shawn was still a little sore, but he was able to make it to the Group Photo Shoot. He also came riding with us for a while on Sat. afternoon - even made a couple passes at the Dragon!
bowdown.gif

CIMG3233__Medium_.JPG

Back