Another problem

Sparky405

Registered
I been trying to get mine running like it should for a while again it's hard to find mechanics that work on older bikes here. It's been running rough fouling plugs got that fixed now my throttle is not responding smoothly theres a certain spot where it wont respond and I rotate it a little more and it's way too much response and sometimes it hangs up and I have to snap it to get it to release. I cant get the throttle to stick without the bike running and me riding it

Have you replaced throttle cables, checked the linkage? Next take throttle bodies apart and thoroughly clean everything and reassemble to spec? That's where I would start based on those symptoms. I'm not an expert so maybe someone will put a more experienced eye on your problem here in a minute or two.

BTW: A little more information like Gen 1 or 2, year, miles and where "here" is would help speed responses.

Have you replaced throttle cables, checked the linkage? Next take throttle bodies apart and thoroughly clean everything and reassemble to spec? That's where I would start based on those symptoms. I'm not an expert so maybe someone will put a more experienced eye on your problem here in a minute or two.

BTW: A little more information like Gen 1 or 2, year, miles and where "here" is would help speed responses.
My bad fallen its gen 1 21, 000 miles .

Yes I've checked for trouble codes theres none . I checked tps the bar was low so I raised it to middle . I did the voltage and resistance check per manual . It passes the voltage test but resistance is off its lower than its supposed to be

Yes I've checked for trouble codes theres none . I checked tps the bar was low so I raised it to middle . I did the voltage and resistance check per manual . It passes the voltage test but resistance is off its lower than its supposed to be
I assume that could cause some throttle problems. I would change it since it doesnt pass the test.

Back