Another potential buyer

Ditch

Registered
Hello, been in and out of this place for quite a while, never ridden a Busa but may be riding a friends '03 this weekend. Have a few questions for a sport-touring set up.

1) When fitting bar risers kits, after you've replaced the clutch and brake lines, how well the the rest of the wires and throttle cables reach? I'd be looking to do +3" and back 1" or just fitting a handle bar all together.

2) When fitting peg lowering kits, are the gear shifter and brake lever easily adaptable? I've lowered my pegs before and they felt awkward.

3) I know this engine won't be as smooth as my ZX14 was but I'm mostly concerned about the 70-75mph range in 6th and mostly how much the handlebars vibrate.

Howdy and enjoy the use of a Busa..you have the right avatar..

1) @c10 is the guy for this one
2) I put lowering pegs on mine and it was easy to adjust both pedals...remember to re-adjust the brake switch for the rear brake unlike somebody...(me)
3) Usually 4 grand is the vibration zone, but Busas vibrate and that's a fact...

3) I know this engine won't be as smooth as my ZX14

gif?cid=19f5b51a5d03da6730655641327610e1&rid=giphy.gif

gif?cid=19f5b51a5d03da6730655641327610e1&rid=giphy.gif

Thanks guys, just one more.

Every 2016+ bike I've ridden has had fueling issues because of the Euro 4 crap, even flashed ones aren't quite right. Did they have any problems with the newer Busa's?

Every 2016+ bike I've ridden has had fueling issues because of the Euro 4 crap, even flashed ones aren't quite right. Did they have any problems with the newer Busa's?
Haven't heard of any major issues although my bike doesn't count as it is an '09 with no emissions on it and dyno tuned..runs like a champ BTW.

Throttle cables, and wires reach fine but the
Two cable / line clamps on frame neck have to come off completely. No issues with them floating in between frame and fork. No pinch points either. If your truly sport touring 18/43 gearing is a little busy. 19/42 or 19/43 with a 190/55 tire works great, and corrects speedometer error. However every 100 miles on gps is short 4.8 miles on odometer.
I have 28,800 miles on odometer, but bike by GPS has just over 30,000 miles

The hayabusa, up to 2019, was not designed to meet euro 4 regulations.

Reactions: c10
The hayabusa, up to 2019, was not designed to meet euro 4 regulations.

So do they get grandfathered in or something? My Bandit 1250 should have been except but they gave it a new ecu presumably for emissions on the 2016 model. It ran like poop even with Dale's tuner Just curious

So do they get grandfathered in or something? My Bandit 1250 should have been except but they gave it a new ecu presumably for emissions on the 2016 model. It ran like poop even with Dale's tuner Just curious
Are you in Europe? Because we don’t have any problems buying a 2019, non euro4 compliant busas. It won’t be sold in countries that require the euro4 compliance, hence all the talk recently about The busa being discontinued.

Are you in Europe? Because we don’t have any problems buying a 2019, non euro4 compliant busas. It won’t be sold in countries that require the euro4 compliance, hence all the talk recently about The busa being discontinued.

Now I'm confused. I do live in the states but does that mean we don't get Euro 4 bikes? Seems like all the 2016+ bikes I'vde ridden have lean throttle issues.

Now I'm confused. I do live in the states but does that mean we don't get Euro 4 bikes? Seems like all the 2016+ bikes I'vde ridden have lean throttle issues.
Some bikes arrive to North America Euro 4 compliant, the Hayabusa is not Euro 4 compliant. This is why it was discontinued in the European market. If other bikes are experiencing a lean throttle it could be the result of the Euro 4 emission system.

Back