Another part size question

mestona

Registered
:laugh: not a battery question I swear....

So to me one of the biggest pains in the @ss with this bike is the fact that my R-77 exhaust prevents me from removing my oil filter without taking off my oil cooler line. Now I know that the most often proposed solution here is to either replace the bolts with studs, or to delete the oil cooler. I think I have found another option.

Canton Racing Remote Oil Filter Kits 22-828 - SummitRacing.com

So if I were to buy the aforementioned kit, relocate the rectifier to the tail and put my Scotts oil filter where the rectifier goes, will it all work? I have used oil filter relocation kits before (my 69 Nova has dual filters mounted to the fender) but never on the bike... Do I need to be aware of anything like removing the oil restrictor or something?

LOL, props to John, I saw that kit, but was thinking "Why turn it 90* when I can get it out from under the bodywork all together?" :poke: :poke: :laugh: I take it from the directions on the orient express setup that no other mods are required? Just bolt on and go?

Also I was kinda thinking that my scotts oil filter might help act like an oil cooler if it was mounted outside the bodywork.

LOL, props to John, I saw that kit, but was thinking "Why turn it 90* when I can get it out from under the bodywork all together?" :poke: :poke: :laugh: I take it from the directions on the orient express setup that no other mods are required? Just bolt on and go?
Correct!

:laugh: not a battery question I swear....

So to me one of the biggest pains in the @ss with this bike is the fact that my R-77 exhaust prevents me from removing my oil filter without taking off my oil cooler line. Now I know that the most often proposed solution here is to either replace the bolts with studs, or to delete the oil cooler. I think I have found another option.

I'm able to sneak out my filter without unbolting or removing anything with my full R-77 setup....

Brocks AH here, remove bottom bolt on oil cooler , loosen top two , pull cooler forward while removeing filter.

Brocks AH here, remove bottom bolt on oil cooler , loosen top two , pull cooler forward while removeing filter.

Does that get the lines out of the way? When I try to pull mine, the shape of the headder and cooler line just cut it too close and the lines aren't flexible enough to bend the lines outta the way. Might be that the brocks has a different headder shape? I have never seen one without the plastics in place...

i have not looked at this, and John probably has the correct solution:thumbsup: but couldnt you make some oil cooler lines with steel braided line and AN fittings or a banjo type fitting, i did this on my 1000r Ninja when the header was too close and baked the oil lines, so i made braided lines from the stock banjo fittings, i just threaded the banjo for the AN thread, dont know if this helps but may be worth a try and solve some issues, but there again i have not taken a look at a r-77 exhaust and the lines.

Does that get the lines out of the way? When I try to pull mine, the shape of the headder and cooler line just cut it too close and the lines aren't flexible enough to bend the lines outta the way. Might be that the brocks has a different headder shape? I have never seen one without the plastics in place...

It takes a hard pull on the cooler, filter between headers toward cooler , then side ways between header and cooler. Saw how to do it here, was pissed when I tried to change oil first time, sure didn,t want t take header or oil lines loose every time to change filter

I've got a set of Brocks stainless steel braided oil cooler lines ill sell you. Pm me for more info. I ended up pulling my oil cooler off when I switched to the Tiwinder. These lines worked great with my shortmeg though

Back