Another Option

While I never rode the first gen triumph Rocket 3. I sat on a few. And compared to a kawi 2 litre twin crusher. I can say if the two the triumph was MUCH easier to get up off of the side stand. It carries it's massive weight fairly low for what it was. And that's all I know about such a beast.

The only sports-tourer options for me are, Hayabusa, ZX14R and H2-SX.

Cruisers aren’t an acceptable alternative. All are flawed as good road bikes.

I’m not THAT narrow minded, I’d look at full on tourers, giant dual roll trail bikes and even sportsbikes, but cruisers are just fashion over form and I find them disappointing compared to bikes designed to work well.

Not fact, just opinion, don’t stress... LOL

Actually you can present issues to back that up.
My Kawi dealer was a rider as well as a shop owner and was some distance away from my home . He like crusiers . Given the terrain in his area they were a popular choice and he sold several . He licensed two for he and his wife . I got to ride one of their personal bikes home when my bike was in for service and had them over a weekend from time to time . Over the 18 years i had my kawi i got to try quite a few of them
The big cruisers are at least as heavy if not heavier than my ZRX and my current Hayabusa Many can reach 900 pounds
However do they have dual disks up front and big brake rotors and the best calipers? No. Often smaller rotors , usually just one and sometimes smaller calipers to enhance the brakeless front wheel look .
Do they have the stock power to spin a massive rear tire coming out of a corner or leaving a stop sign ? Not unless they really really try But they have 240/50/60 rear tires and small fronts purely for looks This messes up what handling they may have had by changing the position of the contact patches compared to the line of the bike's chassis when turning .
The underside shocks lengthen and shorten the wheel base of the motorcycle as much as two inches when in operation affecting handling in corners
What suspension they have is often minimal for no other purpose than to lower the seat height, is often non adjustable for either rider weight or the load they carry or the road they are on thus contributing to poor handling in corners and wobbles on straights
The upright seating position places all the riders weight directly on the base of the spine leading to discomfort after fairly short trips while the ape hanger bars make the rider a sail at speed Big barn door wind shields are the usual solution which often leads back to poor handling at speed
In spite pf the thousands that are out there they are a poor design in many ways
I think they prevent those who rider then from experiencing the true joy of riding a well designed motorcycle doing all it can do
jp

Back