another niceity of having air ride

Bigger-Busa

Registered
By raising the air ride to the top and placing 3 2x4's under it, then lowering it the tire comes off the ground. This is great for cleaning and polishing the rear rim.

P7050017.JPG

A rear stand would be a little more stable than your stack of lumber. I'm not judging you, it's a good idea, just not a stable one.

(Revvv @ Jul. 10 2007,08:39) A rear stand would be a little more stable than your stack of lumber. I'm not judging you, it's a good idea, just not a stable one.
after market stands wouldnt work with the fat tire kit i dont think? dont they need to have the axial nuts or a hole to connect too? Plus this thing is wiiiiide.
my bike doesnt have visible nuts sticking out to lift by.
I could build a heavier duty stand if i continue to use this as a way to polish the rim and clean and lube chain.
even just secureing the wood together or weld up a nice stand would work.
so far this stack has been fine for light polishing but a real stand would of coarse be much better.

(Man this lil' guy is sleepin hard! Zzzzz Zzzzz )
smile.gif

P7050019.JPG

they look pretty nice. how is it connected to the swing arm? looks like a pin or bolt is needed?

http://www.redlinestands.com/wideswingarms.htm

Redline Engineering is proud to offer these awesome sportbike 'CUSTOM WIDE TIRE STANDS '. Each stand is handmade with a custom width and throat depth that you specify to fit your custom swingarm kit and each stand comes with Redline Engineering's LIFETIME WARRANTY! Finally sportbike enthusiasts with 240 and 320 wide tire kits can purchase a stand made specifically for your custom application. Order yours today and see the benefits a Redline Engineering stand can do for you! Call us today so we can quote a price to build your custom stand.

KEY BENEFITS
• Custom width and throat depth for YOUR bike
•Fits practically all popular sportbikes available today
including but not limited to the Kawasaki ZX6R, ZX7R, ZX9R, ZX10R, ZX12, ZX14, Yamaha R1, R6, Suzuki GSXR 600, 750, 1000, Hayabusa, Honda CBR F2, F3, F4, F4i, 600RR, 1000RR, 954
• Each stand is handmade from start to finish
• Rear stand interchanges between spool and roller feet
• Rear stand is adjustable in width
• Gloss black powder coating standard w/ color choices available
• Easy lift extension handle w/ rubber grip
• Adjustable enough to fit stock swingarms
• Upgraded with dually wheels

Wide_Tire.jpg

Back