Another Newbie

bad711

Registered
Hey guys!
Just bought a pristeen 2000 roller and purchaced a 02 motor. I have most of everything on the roller but missing the stator,starter and air box. What years do I have to purchase to assemble. Have so many questions that I am confused about since some years can be universal. Been riding a old 7/11 that was a lot easier to work on.

n1759903989_8520_5242541.jpg

Try checking here for the part numbers on a 2000 and 2002 model and see if the part number are the same. I know the 2003 starter clutch is different, but not sure on the air box, and starter. The stator should be different as the 2000 model had a 16bit ecu and 2002 had 32bit. Best to do a seach on changing from 16-32bit

Ronayers.com Microfiche Suzuki>Motorcycle

Oh -:welcome: to the Org and good luck with the build

Try checking here for the part numbers on a 2000 and 2002 model and see if the part number are the same. I know the 2003 starter clutch is different, but not sure on the air box, and starter. The stator should be different as the 2000 model had a 16bit ecu and 2002 had 32bit. Best to do a seach on changing from 16-32bit

Ronayers.com Microfiche Suzuki>Motorcycle

Oh -:welcome: to the Org and good luck with the build

+1, here's the service manuals. 02 to 07 models are the same too.

Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles, free download of service manuals for your GSXR bikes

Thanks for all the help and the welcomes. I also found the site that gives part numbers. The site is dgy.com. Thanks again and I am sure i will be asking more questions in the near future.

Back