another new guy ... :)

Brian Summerlin

Registered
Hey fellow busa lovers...

New to the board, all time busa lover!!

I have grown up around speed all my life: My dad dragd a 68 camaro ss 350 big block with supercharger blah blah goes fast, let me take for a pass on occasion and we both raced in the WKA... I've read all the "newb" busa questions and they dance around mine but never truly ask it... so

Besides the obvious power difference and ability to pull away from anything on the straight... how does a busa handle on the street compared to a true racing sport bike (ie R1 R6 GSXR 750 etc etc) ... I guess a revised way of asking the same question... Is the busa as nimble as those bikes? Is it more stiff? more comfortable? um yea etc I guess that's good.

thanks and looking forward to the info!

I cant really say, all I know is it works for me on the street and the track.

:welcome: to the board, sorry i can't answer your question either as i've never had the pleasure of riding a 750 but i'm sure someone will be around soon that can give you a good opinion :beerchug:

Welcome to the .org!! I jumped from a gsxr 600 to the busa and IMHO is not that much of a difference at speed. Parking lots and low speed turns need a little bit of practice since it weights more and as far as curves go, even though I don't have to many around (i'm in florida :-(!! ), my footpegs are grounded at the tips which I never did on my 600. I don't have any track experience. But, somebody will be here soon giving you more info. On that.!!

Just my 2cents.!

It's bigger, heavier, faster and more comfy. It's,not as flickable as a smaller bike, but it'll make up for that in the straights.

Think about you're riding needs and what you want from a bike. Knee draggin crazy twisties, flickin back and fourth? Perhaps a 750/1000 nigh suit you better. Huge highway power and topend or 1/4mile passes? Then a Busa. It all depends on what ya wanna do.
They will get around corners rather well, just gotta use a lil more muscle.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

thanks to all who gave some advice and to those that couldn't thanks for stopping by!!! :cheerleader: workin on my pics!

Fastfrog I don't mind either... I've dragd as I said above and raced roundy rounds and the occasional road course (Roebling Road )

Roebling Road Raceway - Track Information

anywho to be more specific the Top speed factor doesn't scare me off... It's how it does on the road that I want to know... as in is it a hassle? do you have to constantly stay on the clutch? are you upshifting from 1st right off the light? do you EVER downshift with as much torque as a busa has? yea how does it do on the road for commuting in the lowest of the 3 power settings... and I think twotone and Mabupa almost gave me the answer I am looking for lol

thanks again and thanks in advance!! and thanks for helping out the new guy! :goodboy: :beerchug: :super:

They have 3 power settings??? This I will have to look into:laugh:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

:welcome:to the .org...

We are patiently waiting on pics....:rulez:

I have owned a 750 before and as far as commuting in traffic... Not much difference ( except for the size obviously ), I rarley even see first, unless im sitten at a light and put it in neutral, but then i will come out in first, short shift it, and stay in 2nd as long as im moving.....1st is a good way to get yourself thrown off the back....:laugh:

They have 3 power settings??? This I will have to look into:laugh:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Yea... they do.... Mode A .... Mode A .... and ... Mode A ...:laugh:

Honestly, I played with the different settings when I first bought mine, just to see the difference. But its been in "A" ever since. I havn't had a use for them yet.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: Not sure how the half bikes handle, but obviously because of it's weight the smaller bikes should handle better, but the Busa holds her own , kills in straights, very comfy for you and the rear seat passenger.

Spent the weekend riding both my Fireblade and my recently acquired Busa
Main differences are the riding position.You sit in the Busa but on the Blade if that makes sense?.Busa is more comfy for me.
Busa is lower , longer and heavier.The latter I dont notice when its rolling but I do in the twisties
Busa is rock solid on the sweeping bends but not as quick as the Blade when it gets tighter.This one is a guess but I think the Busa is less forgiving if you get it wrong.The handling limitations of the Sportsbikes are more my limitations than the bikes
Busa is more comfy at three figure speeds and yes has more power but you have to really be on it to notice much difference real world
Compared to an R6 I had then again its the handling and size differencesThe R6 had fantasic performance for a 600 but it needed to be revved hard.Riding position was full on race rep and at 5'10 i felt cramped.The latest 600's are like the supersports bikes of only a few years ago
Great compromise is the GSXR750.Bit of everything

You will find many opinions on these issues but remember..your on a Hayabusa site so the lean will be more towards the busa...with that said..
You can find a TON ofpics on here from our most prolific riders who have demonstrated time and time again, (much to the chagrin of other riders) that a BUsa can hold it's own on the track AND the street (insert Shanes pic draggin a knee on the dragon here:laugh:) also you will find that its not THAT much different to ride.
I came up from an R6 and I can honestly say although it took a tiny bit to get used to, once you ride it for alittle bit you learn to compensate for the added weight. I also was cramped on a 600 and forget long rides on a liter bike, unless you very vertically challenged:laugh:

It all boils down to what YOU want to do with it, the Busa definitely fits the bill all the way around, speed, agility, HP, comfort etc etc and etc.

Either way, make the decision for yourself and don't let other people (non busa riders) tell you what the busa can and can't do. Whatever decision YOU make will be the right one, welcome be safe and be safe out there regardlesss and ATGATT:thumbsup::welcome:

Back