Another New Busa Owner

Gpmo

Registered
Hey all.

Just got my first Busa. Been lurking here for a month or so doing research to see if this is the bike for me, and it is.

About eight weeks ago i picked up the title to my paid off 06 R6. about six weeks ago someone thought they deserved it more than me and went ahead and took it. One week ago i got a Busa and can't believe i ever rode anything else.

Thanks for all the great and informative posts that helped me make my choice. One thing that seemed to have been missed though. All the post talked about the comfort and style and power and all that. I like to ride at about 3am in the summer here in Colorado, the weather is perfect. No one mentioned how great the head lights are. Its easily over looked but these things really light things up at night compared to my other bikes.

Anyhow i purchased a 2002 for 4k with a list of mods.
Speedo Healer
Vortex -1 +2
Power Commander III USB
TRE
Heli Bars
Stage 2 Airbox
Yoshi exhaust
Double Bubble windshield.

Bike runs amazing, i am thinking i may put the stock Sprocket back on as i received it and the stock airbox and new braided brake lines. Also thinking i need to get the power commander tuned in right, i believe it is a downloaded map and may not be right for Colorado. So if anyone in the state knows of a good place please let me know.

I plan on getting some bags and doing some longer distance riding next season. If anyone is from Colorado send me a message i am in Fort Collins.

Thanks again for all your help and great threads.

Gpmo

Seems like a nice set-up. She must be pretty snappy with that sprocket combo. Being in that high altitude you may wanna wait before throwing the stock airbox on till someone familiar with the effects up there posts up. Congrats!

Hey all.

Just got my first Busa. Been lurking here for a month or so doing research to see if this is the bike for me, and it is.

About eight weeks ago i picked up the title to my paid off 06 R6. about six weeks ago someone thought they deserved it more than me and went ahead and took it. One week ago i got a Busa and can't believe i ever rode anything else.

Thanks for all the great and informative posts that helped me make my choice. One thing that seemed to have been missed though. All the post talked about the comfort and style and power and all that. I like to ride at about 3am in the summer here in Colorado, the weather is perfect. No one mentioned how great the head lights are. Its easily over looked but these things really light things up at night compared to my other bikes.

Anyhow i purchased a 2002 for 4k with a list of mods.
Speedo Healer
Vortex -1 +2
Power Commander III USB
TRE
Heli Bars
Stage 2 Airbox
Yoshi exhaust
Double Bubble windshield.

Bike runs amazing, i am thinking i may put the stock Sprocket back on as i received it and the stock airbox and new braided brake lines. Also thinking i need to get the power commander tuned in right, i believe it is a downloaded map and may not be right for Colorado. So if anyone in the state knows of a good place please let me know.

I plan on getting some bags and doing some longer distance riding next season. If anyone is from Colorado send me a message i am in Fort Collins.

Thanks again for all your help and great threads.

Gpmo

:welcome:

Another early morning rider.:thumbsup::beerchug:

You really can't beat the early morning rides imho. No traffic no noise other that the sound of your bike and cool temps. :)

As for swapping I agree i will wait and see what other Colorado riders have to say if any are about.

Thanks for the welcomes

Gpmo

You really can't beat the early morning rides imho. No traffic no noise other that the sound of your bike and cool temps. :)

Gpmo

I know exactly what you're saying. I've been doing that since October, 2005. How I wish you live closer.:laugh:

Here's a good example for you.
First pic's the time I left and the last pic's the time and total mileage when I got home. The second pic shows what you just described about the traffic.:laugh: There are a lot more pics from this ride but you get the idea.:thumbsup:

169 mile ride 001.jpg

169 mile ride 043.jpg

169 mile ride 049.jpg

:welcome: to the Org.

As far as the map you have, the downloaded one's arent state/elevation specific. The best thing you could do is bet it dyno tuned as a shop as close to you as possible. :thumbsup:

There's a Dyno tuning shop about 20 mins from where i am. I am told it costs right around $200 for a tuning. Does that sound about right? Also if i unplug my battery will it lose the map? I am leaving for a week for work and generally unplug if i am going to be gone.

Gpmo

Sleepless i too wish i lived closer. I have no riding partners anymore. This is a college town and most the guys that ride here are kids and act like.. kids. No offense to them but i don't care for the goofing and tricking they do. Fun to watch but not to do for me.

Also those wheels on your bike are so eye catching. Lots of :thumbsup: for your choice.

Gpmo

Sleepless i too wish i lived closer. I have no riding partners anymore.

Also those wheels on your bike are so eye catching. Lots of :thumbsup: for your choice.

Gpmo

Thanks, bro.:beerchug:

I ride by myself most of the time too in the early mornings. Would have been perfect.:beerchug:

Sorry for the loss of the R6, but congrats on the new ride! You should try some HIDs and see how much better the lighting is at 3 a.m.

There's a Dyno tuning shop about 20 mins from where i am. I am told it costs right around $200 for a tuning. Does that sound about right? Also if i unplug my battery will it lose the map? I am leaving for a week for work and generally unplug if i am going to be gone.

Gpmo

The price is right, make sure they have experience ect... shouldnt lose the map when you unplug the battery.

Thanks again for all the welcomes.

So i got out for my first real ride today, nothing fancy up through the canyons and back home. Bike is amazing but going to take some time to get used to it after the r6. One thing i noticed is lots of heat on the heel of my feet from exhaust, going to have to look into ways to mitigate that a bit. Other wise 4 hours stock seat and i can't even feel it, i think tomorrow is going to be a longer ride.

With my R6 every kid in town with a diesel truck would pull up next to me and rev and try to get me to run them... They don't do that with the Busa, instead now its every kid with a turbo in their car. Kind of an odd observation, anyone else notice these things?

Gpmo

Look into getting a battery tender (way better than disconnecting the battery). BTW, welcome.

battery_tender_plus_6v_1.jpg

Last edited:
With my R6 every kid in town with a diesel truck would pull up next to me and rev and try to get me to run them... They don't do that with the Busa, instead now its every kid with a turbo in their car. Kind of an odd observation, anyone else notice these things?

Guy on a 600cc pulled up beside me last week. He said, "I feel like a ***** next to you!"

Busa pwns.

Back