Another Laguna bombshell!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
From www.superbikeplanet.com
Sources in Europe said today that none other than Miguel DuHamel will replace Toni Elias for the Laguna Seca MotoGP event later this month. Elias crashed at the recent Assen race and broke his leg, necessitating a replacement rider for the Fausto Gresini-run team.

DuHamel, a former Superbike champion, may actually be more well-suited to current MotoGP machinery than some believe. Before he raced Superbikes in America, DuHamel was a terror in the AMA 250 ranks.

If this development comes to fruition it could be a major PR boon for Laguna Seca as DuHamel is both immensely popular and a known entity to many of the California and national press.[/Quote]

Its gonna be an awesome Laguna Seca Weekend with 2 Haydens and a DuHamel riding MotoGP!!

Another quote from www.superbikeplanet.com

When the question was posed, was he interested in riding Toni Elias' RC212 at Laguna Seca. Miguel DuHamel says he didn't have to mull it over.

"Are you kidding me," DuHamel said this morning. "A good Honda MotoGP bike and a great team? There was probably not one nano-second between them asking and me saying yes. I'd love to do it. The Gresini team is a competent organization and I'm really intrigued by the RC212. It's a great opportunity."

DuHamel last raced Grand Prix in 1992.[/Quote]

Miguel my man ! I would love to see him on a GP bike
super.gif

Thanks for that info brudda Charlesbusa !

there are gonna be a lot of stoked AMA and Miguel fans out there!!! I think with RLH and Miguel racing, that'll give us a pretty good indicator of whether or not AMA racers and Superbike Champs are more than capable of racing with the GP boys. Hayden proved that point last year. RLH or Duhamel doing well (top 10 finish) would prove that AMA racers are no joke.

What happens if Miguel BEATS Nicky and that Pedross'ee kid really bad. Kinda embarressing
blush.gif
 to say the least
laugh.gif

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE OLD GUYS
jump9.gif

(cosmo @ Jul. 03 2007,21:44)
(Big Wall @ Jul. 03 2007,17:54) I hope it happens!  I can't wait!
Miguel is a warrior...
cool.gif
For sure and he will stick that bike in just like Rossi does. I like that, Nicky did it last year this year he just isn't there.

Man Throw Mladin back in there and you would have a flashback to 1992-1993 when they both had a go at the GP's! Mladin was on a Cagiva and Duhamel was on a Yamaha back then.
beerchug.gif

I still want to see Spies on a Wildcard ride!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Now that Nicky says that his bike is finally set up properly (as evidenced by his recent podium finish--the first of this year), it's gonna be a great race since he's back on his home turf! I fully expect that he's gonna win this one.

I recall Nicky saying that he was really p*ssed off when the Honda engineers told him that they were NOT going to design the new 800 for him ... did they really design the bike for Pedrosa?

(05 Busa LE @ Jul. 06 2007,16:07) Now that Nicky says that his bike is finally set up properly (as evidenced by his recent podium finish--the first of this year), it's gonna be a great race since he's back on his home turf!  I fully expect that he's gonna win this one.

I recall Nicky saying that he was really p*ssed off when the Honda engineers told him that they were NOT going to design the new 800 for him ... did they really design the bike for Pedrosa?
Bet he's sorry he didn't take up Ducatis offer now
laugh.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Jul. 07 2007,11:56)
(BlueHaya @ Jul. 06 2007,17:45) Stoner.....Stoner.....Stoner......Stoner
all_coholic.gif
Stoner ain't gonna win at Laguna  
poke.gif
+1!!!

I predict he'll come in 7th just because it's not the typical GP circuit.

(cosmo @ Jul. 03 2007,21:44)
(Big Wall @ Jul. 03 2007,17:54) I hope it happens!  I can't wait!
Miguel is a warrior...
cool.gif
For sure and he will stick that bike in just like Rossi does. I like that, Nicky did it last year this year he just isn't there.

How does Elias keep that ride when he gets healthy again? He rarely, or so it seems, finishes a race without putting the bike in the sand. Lamb always figured since he can't ride up front and get airtime for the sponsor, get it by forcing the cameras on him anyway he can!

(Lamb busa @ Jul. 07 2007,00:20) How does Elias keep that ride when he gets healthy again? He rarely, or so it seems, finishes a race without putting the bike in the sand. Lamb always figured since he can't ride up front and get airtime for the sponsor, get it by forcing the cameras on him anyway he can!
When he isn't crashing (seldom) he has been one of the faster Honda's at most of the races. The dude rides out of control though. Fun to watch but it is just a matter of time before he hurts someone else as bad or worse than he did himself. All of the top riders have criticized him for it repeatedly.

Next season will be interesting to watch. There are a whole bunch of young fast guys rumored to be moving (already starting with Ant West) to the Top class and some of the older,more erratic, or just plain slower guys will have to go to allow that to happen. I would classify guys like Tamada, Hoffman, Checa, Guintoli, Robert's, perhaps even Capirossi in this category at the moment. The problem with that is that some or all of them would then wind up in WSBK with Biaggi, Bayliss, Corser, Haga etc. All of them are ex GP riders. That could potentially make it hard for anyone to come up through the WSBK ranks to race in GP's? Might make for some bang up WSBK races though? Sorry didn't mean to thread jack.
beerchug.gif

Back