Another Junk Fairing Stay From Motobrackets..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
A quick review.. Bought a fairing stay from Motobrackets last spring to replace the crashed original. The one they sent me was tweaked in at least a couple of different ways, 1/4" one way, 1/8" another, etc...
Shop I bought it through and the local Parts Unlimited rep called M-brackets and arranged to return it for another one. Sent the tweaked one back and waited, and waited, and waited. Shop called them late week before last, and after a bunch of internal buck passing and blaming of other departments, they finally shipped another one.
Now, 5 weeks after we sent the bad one to them, we get the replacement. It's good in the places the other one was tweaked at, but one of the intake tube mount bosses is bent way off, and there's a big, ragged scrape across the top of the pan that the gauge cluster sets in. There is no marking on the intake tube mount indicating it got bent in shipping, so it's clear it came off the production line like this, and the scrape happened somewhere along the line to shipping.
I don't know how you all would run a company, but if it were me and a customer had recieved a botched part I'd made, I would want the replacement to be, or at least near, perfect. If for no other reason than to get said customer off my back. But apparently Motobrackets either can't make a good part, or just doesn't care enough to even check what they ship out.
One bad part I can see, being in the steel fabrication business I know that s**t can happen. But to turn right around and let another bad part go out to the same customer is just p**s poor business practice.
I would encourage anyone thinking of buying anything from these clowns.. MotoBrackets .. to think about it a bit more. If I would have forked over the extra $120 for the OEM 'Zuk fairing stay originally, I'd have been riding my bike for the last month and a half. But thanks to a crap aftermarket product, the Busa is still setting in the shed for at least 2 more weeks. Shop is going to call Motobrackets again tomorrow and see where we go from here. Thinking about just telling them to get my $$ back, and go ahead and get the OEM stay. Riding season is about over here anyway.:banghead:
Tom

Sorry to hear about the run around Tom. Sucks for sure.
Appreciate the heads up though.
I will certainly steer clear of Motobrackets!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Sorry about your pain, but this is one part where you shouldn't cut corner's!

If its not correct, you will end up with cracked plastics!

Well that's a bummer. Are the parts actually made by Motobrackets or are they just a company ordering a part from china?

Dunno about that Blanca. They may well be passing along Chinese made stuff. From the way their junk is looking, wouldn't surprise me a bit if they were.
The more I think about it, the madder it makes me get. The part they sent me as a replacement was shipped wrapped in bubble wrap, no box or anything. With the big scrape on it and all, I'm thinking it's one someone else sent back because of the bent tab, and they just shuffled it on to me. I'm going to tell the shop to just get my $$ back, then I'll pay the extra and get an OEM part. Might get lucky and get a few late fall rides in.

Back