Another Hollywood Death

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I'd post one that we can all feel bad about

Gidget, the famed Chihuahua who appeared in Taco Bell ads, died Tuesday at the age of 15.

Karen McElhatton, Gidget's owner, tells Usmagazine.com the dog was with her trainer, Sue Chipperton, watching television when she began making "strange noises" and suffered a stroke.

Before the dog's death, "She had a good day and was running around as normal," McElhatton tells Usmagazine.com. "We're happy that she was very well off right until the end."

See other famous Hollywood chihuahuas

Gidget -- whose "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" spots debuted in September 1997 -- also had a cameo in Legally Blonde 2, in addition to appearing in other TV spots.

We enjoyed working with Gidget, and she will be missed by many," a Taco Bell spokesperson tells Us in a statement. "Our deepest sympathies go out to her owners and fans."

The dog had an exceptionally happy life, her owner says.

"She lived like a queen," McElhatton tells Us. "She had a great life. We're very sad. She's a wonderful little dog."

She will be missed...but man 105 years old.

"Yo Quiero Taco Bell"

We have chihuahuas and being a former big dog fan, They are the coolest dogs I've ever had. Our oldest is named Belle, after the Taco belle dog. If they weighed 80 pounds, I'd leave home because I'd be afraid they would eat me. Very good company if you are alone. I have pictures, Ya'll want to see?:laugh:

when that comercial first came out i wanted to borrow the realitives chihuahua and video tape it wippeing its butt on the carpet and throwing up and then go to the taco bell dog and finnish it with a tear in his eye "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" but some did not appreciate my sence of humor

Back