Another Head Light

Allax1

Registered
Low beam keeps blowing out. Does fine while idle in the stall. Get it out on the road and boom, its blown. I'm rolling 45 mph and slowing down and it goes out, two in a row. High beam went out this morning. Replaced both and now the low goes out again. 2 H7's down the drain $$. :banghead:
I have a tester. How and what do I test for this issue.
Any help is very appreciated. May the force be with you :bowdown:.

Check your battery voltage with the engine running. As you rev the bike the voltage should climb, but not to exceed 14.7 volts or so. It is possible that the regulator/rectifier has failed and is not properly regulating the voltage to the battery and over volting the headlamp. I had a similar issue on a VFR some years ago,

Uhhh, it started out to be 14.3. I let it get warm and it jumped to 17, throttled up to 3000 it hit 19! It never went back below 17 at idle so I shut her down.

Thanks Samaki :bowdown:, Looks like Ill be ordering a new rectifier. The ones from Amazon, Ebay, OEM, witch is best? Anyone?

I would stick with OEM myself, though others may feel otherwise. The R/R was upgraded two years ago so when you order one it will automatically be superseded to the new number. I installed one last month in compliance with a Suzuki service bulletin. I am assuming you have a Gen II. If it is Gen I I do not know the history on the R/R for that year range.

I would stick with OEM myself, though others may feel otherwise. The R/R was upgraded two years ago so when you order one it will automatically be superseded to the new number. I installed one last month in compliance with a Suzuki service bulletin. I am assuming you have a Gen II. If it is Gen I I do not know the history on the R/R for that year range.
HI all. Frank at Powerhouse has the Mosfet type of regulator they run cooler and do not melt plugs or heat up the wires. They also have hi output stators too.

Back