Another harley exhaust

BigBadDodge

Registered
This is now the third one off handbuilt exhaust i've built for a harley, think i may have to start doing em this winter for some extra cash. This one was a little tedius as it is the guy i got the motor for the race truck from so he knocked off some money for me to build this, but had no money to put in it(basically just paid my labor) so all the pipe was off the existing exhaust system. Came out pretty good, sounds amazing i was riding it around this morning and the baffling i built in it keeps it alot quieter than it looks like it'd be and has a real nice sound to it. It was a dog before, bike feels great now pulls real hard down low(for what it is)

Before
harley1.jpg

He rides it a bit hard in the corners(bottom pipe)
harley.jpg

Fitting and tacked
harley3.jpg

harley5.jpg

Smoothed and painted
harley4.jpg

Wrapped
harley6.jpg

wow. thats quite impressive. thats a sweet bike to. I would actually ride that. its like a better lookn vmax. thats a great design to. u got some skillz. if id had them skillz id sure be makn some extra money if I could. how do u price out ur work? u just charge hourly or do u price it out beforehand?

Did you tig it??Sounds like a good idea to make some extra cash.I may get into soem fab work myself for my friends shop.Get more experience.He has to farm out the welding normally and welding tubes isnt that bad.Nice work.:thumbsup:

wow. thats quite impressive. thats a sweet bike to. I would actually ride that. its like a better lookn vmax. thats a great design to. u got some skillz. if id had them skillz id sure be makn some extra money if I could. how do u price out ur work? u just charge hourly or do u price it out beforehand?
Generally i price it out before hand, found it to be not only easier to keep track of plus i get alot of stuff thats so small its not even worth having a minimum. I'm legit with people if its a 10 minute $10 job thats what they get charged.

Did you tig it??Sounds like a good idea to make some extra cash.I may get into soem fab work myself for my friends shop.Get more experience.He has to farm out the welding normally and welding tubes isnt that bad.Nice work.:thumbsup:
This was all with the mig, since we reused the piping and just rearranged everything tigs dont like dirty material so much.

Bike needs some V&H slashcut sweepers. The black wrinkle heatshields with chrome tips.

Bike needs some V&H slashcut sweepers. The black wrinkle heatshields with chrome tips.

His brother rides the same bike but in black instead of silver and has that v&h setup.
Now his brother is hitting me up to put duals on his, not quite sure there is the room for that

Back