Another Gripe

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
I finally installed the undertail last Thursday and couldn't bring myself to drilling holes in that pretty paint for the license bracket.  So I called and talked to Franco at Pro Street Designs.  Ordered a swingarm relocator, had it shipped next day, got it today.  Pretty nice product, maybe places the plate a little to far in the rim for my own preference, but easily overlooked.

The problem, it won't fit with the hugger w/chaingaurd.

It hits the chaingaurd leaving me the option of cutting the pretty painted hugger (not), or trying to send it back.

For all of you out there that have chosen to keep your busa's stock.  2 thumbs up,  I have spent more time frustrated than enjoying.

I have not been able to ride since Thursday cause I have no plate.  Now it's Monday, 80 degree's, beautiful, and still no plate!

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086665040 -->

Yup, I thought about stitching to the wife arse............
biggrin.gif

There are a whole lot of homemade solutions (VaBusa's comes to mind right off) out there, but dude you 'gotta get it fixed and go ride!

Man, if you take your time and cut the hole slowly, then you will be O.K. If you're still ansy about it, the just get the bracket that mounts to the end of your swingarm where the axle nut is and be done with it. I kinda like that look. Saw plenty in Myrtle Beach like that. Not sure how it is here in Louisiana, but if it were legal, I would definitely go with that type of mounting bracket.

Brian

search for my post on my undertail and see what I did..

mounted it on the the extra exhaust bracket hanger.

Back