Another GPS update... GEESH!!!

The only thing I really wish it had was MORE internal memory space. I haven't maxed it out yet and may never do so. It's just that memory space is the only thing I see myself "bumpin' my head" on with this unit for my purposes.
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]

Don't just about all models accept CF memory cards? The Galileo 200 I just picked up off Ebay has 16 meg internal and it also comes with a seperate 32 meg CF card for adding additional local detailed maps. Not sure if it can handle a larger card like a 64 meg but worse case is buy another 32 meg card and just swap it. Probably never need that much memory unless I decided to tour the country for a few weeks.

The only thing I really wish it had was MORE internal memory space. I haven't maxed it out yet and may never do so. It's just that memory space is the only thing I see myself "bumpin' my head" on with this unit for my purposes.
wink.gif

Don't just about all models accept CF memory cards? The Galileo 200 I just picked up off Ebay has 16 meg internal and it also comes with a seperate 32 meg CF card for adding additional local detailed maps. Not sure if it can handle a larger card like a 64 meg but worse case is buy another 32 meg card and just swap it. Probably never need that much memory unless I decided to tour the country for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]
Nope, the Garmin units I've used so far, including the V don't have CF slots. That would be a cool option on them, though.
wink.gif

wink.gif

I have had the V for a couple of years now and just love it!!! I take it on the 'busa, mountain biking, hiking, and in my truck.. the autorouting is pretty cool too. Good purchase, BT. Welcome to the 21st century!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

hey Rev, hope those Akra cans are treating you right.

I wanted to ask where you got your stem stand? I have the Garmin GPSMAP 60C, color 56k and all the goodies but I need a stem stand like NOW. Let me know where you got yours from please.
Yeah Lobo, Cans are great... I'm sending the rest of the exhaust system off to have it Coated by Jet-hot soon. Sorry fo rthe confusion earlier there, I was in the process of thread jacking bullet...

Oh one more thing Bullet while I am here jacking your thread bro... How close are you to Atlanta... I might be moving, nothing set yet, but Atlanta is in the running...

oh yeah? I'll be in ATL for an Avalanche owners meeting on the 21st. Think we are going to some big country/western bar there? Bills maybe? Any good spots to check out while I'm in town? Maybe I should strap the busa in the bed
cool.gif
rock.gif

oh yeah? I'll be in ATL for an Avalanche owners meeting on the 21st. Think we are going to some big country/western bar there? Bills maybe? Any good spots to check out while I'm in town? Maybe I should strap the busa in the bed
cool.gif
rock.gif
Yeah, it would be on a work weekend for me.
drooling3.gif
I'd love to meet ya, but I work 6AM to 6PM that day. Never heard of Bill's before. Mama's Country Showplace is a good country/western bar if it's still there. Haven't been in a long time. I don't do much club'n so I ain't really a good one to ask about the night life in ATL.
wink.gif

If I wasn't workin' that day I'd say bring the busa and we'd try the North Georgia Loop. I haven't been yet, but I plan to hit it very soon.

Back