Another Fuel Pump Thread

jtwrace

Registered
Yes, I used the search button and see many fuel pump threads so please don't blast me...I'd like some sort of consensus. :D I was able to score a 2008 fuel pump assembly. The bad news is that he wasn't lying when he told me it has been sitting for a while. Total varnish and disgusting, another reminder why I only run Ethanol Free in any powersports and small engine. I was able to check resistance of the level and confirm that it works still which is good. I was planning on replacing the pump, screen and regulator regardless of what I bought so this isn't really a big deal. Just needs some TLC and I'd like to even replace the pigtail coming out of the top place but do not see that as a part anywhere. :mad:

My main questions are, has Quantum Pumps seem like a pretty decent pump from what I've read and they're drop in replacement which makes it nice. What does not make sense to me is that if lookup 2008 Hayabusa, it shows I should use the 15100-24FA0 (even though it shows 2007), yet if I do say a 2017 it says the 15100-15H00. Is the latter just a new part # but the same pump since they're both Gen 2? OR is the Quantum site just wrong?

Yes, I used the search button and see many fuel pump threads so please don't blast me...I'd like some sort of consensus. :D I was able to score a 2008 fuel pump assembly. The bad news is that he wasn't lying when he told me it has been sitting for a while. Total varnish and disgusting, another reminder why I only run Ethanol Free in any powersports and small engine. I was able to check resistance of the level and confirm that it works still which is good. I was planning on replacing the pump, screen and regulator regardless of what I bought so this isn't really a big deal. Just needs some TLC and I'd like to even replace the pigtail coming out of the top place but do not see that as a part anywhere. :mad:

My main questions are, has Quantum Pumps seem like a pretty decent pump from what I've read and they're drop in replacement which makes it nice. What does not make sense to me is that if lookup 2008 Hayabusa, it shows I should use the 15100-24FA0 (even though it shows 2007), yet if I do say a 2017 it says the 15100-15H00. Is the latter just a new part # but the same pump since they're both Gen 2? OR is the Quantum site just wrong?

I believe it says it replaces a previous part #. My questions are, 1). if you bought the used pump why are you contemplating getting this new one? 2). Why don’t you call the people who are selling it to find your answer?

I believe it says it replaces a previous part #. My questions are, 1). if you bought the used pump why are you contemplating getting this new one? 2). Why don’t you call the people who are selling it to find your answer?
As I mentioned, it's nasty and old...I want new from the get-go to mitigate any possible issues. I did call them and their answer wasn't really a solid answer as he didn't know.

Back