another exhaust ?

kennym4

Registered
Has anyone tried using a different brand of exhaust can than the headers ? Like I have a full Hindle 4-2-1 could I put say a Yosh can on my headers ?? I guess as long as they fit, or you made them fit they should work, but how well ?

I know I read MANY of articles where they were doing it. Like 2 of my favorites (one was in the Rats Hole contest, or made for them ? And the other I can't think of the name, but it was pretty popular. It was puple & white ??), they were using some brand of header, and then putting on a can made for an R-6. But, these were show bikes. So I'm sure they weren't worried about how they performed.

This is the Purple one..URBAN INCUSION: Custom Hayabusa

It's a Micron header system, with an modified R-6 moto GP can.

The other is Trac Rat. I think it's the same set-up ?

http---motorcycling.speedtv.com-article-urban_incusion_custom_hayabusa-.jpg

48809459.7821.1034800_medium.jpg

In theory a can is tuned to perform with the header it was designed and made for. But anything is possible. Just need to get it mapped or flashed by someone decent.

RSD.

A good welder/fabricator I guess anything is possible but the question is why?? A Lot of those type of bikes are 4 show and HP and performance were probably not a high priority :whistle:

A good welder/fabricator I guess anything is possible but the question is why?? A Lot of those type of bikes are 4 show and HP and performance were probably not a high priority :whistle:

I REALLY like the look of those, but figured....how often are they even started, let alone going down the street ?

Thanks peoples !!

Back