Another E-Bay Oops!

JusPlaynBob

Registered
Well, if it seems too good to be true then,...

I saw this Hyperpro Damper, descibed as "Hayabusa HyperPro Great Shape".

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws....A:CA:31

So I grabbed it.
Upon arrival I opened it to find one "Butchered" damper.

The CnC upper tank mount was gone and replaced with a hand made piece of plate steel, painted black.
The steering stem mount had been ground all around the outter edge. This was so that it could be installed without having to remove the top triple clamp cover.
None of the O=rings were installed which contaminated the swivel points, nearly seizing them with junk.
The Damper swivel clamp had been installed without a spacer washer. This would have prevented the damper from swinging a bit when turning the bars.

Honestly it looked like something a Chimp may have assembled.
So I cleaned everything up and installed the unit.
I replaced the O-rings and found some stainless washers from the Gilles hardware.
It actually looks great except for the homemade bracket. Any more than three clicks of the adjuster and the mount flexs under the pressure.

So I've E-mailed HyperPro US to see if they will sell me just that piece.
I'm hoping they will otherwise I'll have to buy the whole mounting kit, which is just about $250.00

Here take a look.

View attachment 1223529

dayum e-bay, hopefully the'll sell you just the parts you need.
beerchug.gif

should have returned the thing if it was that bad... see you did not give negative feed back

Yeah, I should have given a negative feedback.
I left the feedback upon receipt of the package.
It all looked good at a glance.
I was kind of excited to get it an didn't pay attention to the details, until I went to install it.
While it looks good....
....it's unusable until I get the proper mount on it.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
should have returned the thing if it was that bad...[/quote]

I don't think I can, since it was a private sale.

I've bought several thousand dollars of bike related merchandise on E-bay in the last few years but,
this is the first time I've been misled to such a degree, by a fellow rider, let alone a "'Busa brother."
smile.gif

Any way, lesson learned.
Hopefully I'll be able to get what I need from HyperPro.

You can still demand a refund if they claimed something that wasn't true. If they refuse, file a fraud complaint with E-bay so other people don't get nailed by the same thing. You should of immidiatly emailed the seller the second you realized it wasn't right.

I e-mailed him last night.

He said that's the way he bought it and it works!
I explained to him that it didn't work safely, and he seems to now agree.
He's offered to give me $40 or my money back once I return it.

I asked him to refund me, and I'll send it the same day.
That's how I bought it.

We'll see if he goes for it.
Then I'll just call HyperPro and Buy a complete unit.

Fingers crossed.
cool.gif

That sucks man. I sell other brands of steering dampeners. Let me know if you want another set-up. I'll do it for dealer cost to help a fellow Org member.

I did not check the link, but were there no pictures??

That is why I try to put as many pics as I can, so there are no misunderstandings. THen again, I try to be accurate in my descriptions, lol....

Glad to hear all turned out ok!

If you payed via PP then they do have a clause about an item not being as advertised or unusable.. Not sure how it works but have seen it on the dispute panel..

That sucks man.  I sell other brands of steering dampeners. Let me know if you want another set-up.  I'll do it for dealer cost to help a fellow Org member.
I appreciate your offer.
I may take you up on that.

I haven't heard back since he made the offer to return it and I accepted.
I'll give him until tomorrow.
Then the folks at E-Bay and Pay Pal are gonna hear from me.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how this plays out.
blush.gif

After a bit of communication back and forth,
the seller decided to refund me the cash for the repair parts.

I received it by Paypal this afternoon.

Pretty "stand up" response.

E-Bay isn't entirely fulll of crooks afterall.

I'll be calling HyperPro in the AM.
smile.gif

I am glad to see this worked out, I hate seeing people get ripped. I have always been trusting of people, and usually taken advantage of because of it.

Back