Another dumb TPS / PC2 question for anyone?

OB_Havabusa

Registered
I am going with the full TMH airbox mod and the mapped PC2 supplied by TMH. Question is will I even need to check and 'center' my TPS? Will the pc-2 just overide it anyway, or does it assume that it is correctly set?

The PC2 modifies your fuel injector duration MAPS. The maps are indexed by Throttle Position, and RPM. Also which map chosen is dependent on the, pink wire, Gear Selection.

An accurate Throttle Position is a requirement for accurate fuel mapping.

Therefore set your TPS FIRST. I would balance the throttles next. Install your mods, put the TMH map in. Ride a bit then tune the maps either by feel or dyno or both.

Oops, wrong sequence there, Lyle, TPS should be adjusted AFTER synchronizing TB's.

And the sequence with these 2 DOES matter.

Ah yes, senior moments, having more of those every day, now the big four o is coming up close for me.
Geez, still remember being much younger and thinking 40 was really old!

Motorhead... I disagree. TPS and Throttle Sync set up made a difference on my bike.

throttle synch is a different animal.the factory set tps setting is rich compared to our settings and unless you use a very accurate tach not the one on the bike i do not think it will benefit anyone.now syching the t bodies is always going to help idle and throttle response .

Back