Another distraction while riding...neat though!

junbug

Registered
Not one to advocate the use of any device that will hamper our concentration while riding (most I'll do is listen to music via helmet speakers or earbuds), but I think this item is kinda unique and neat for those who "absolutely" must keep in touch. Then again, it's not any different from the FRS or intercoms riders use anyway. This unit though will only work on cellphones with VOX feature. Therefore, one won't need to get hands off the bike's controls. Not a bad price too. What do you guys think? Me personally, nah, I turn off my cell phone when I am out riding.

http://www.clearercom.com/noise_cancelling.html

I'm with you Junbug....................why would I want to be chatting on the phone when I'm riding my beautiful 'busa. Gimme the headphones and music anyday!!!!

To me...never had music..as in tunes while riding.......to me any bike i have owned made the sounds i want to hear...The BUSA with drilled out stock cans...with the intake sound, you hear at 9K revs and up sounds like a 160 horse Mercury Outboard engine...just screams at me with the most "lovely music"..
cool.gif

Only way I can see that coming in handy is if someone is giving you directions or you're in a single bike accident and noone is around to assist. Otherwise, if I'm on the Busa the last thing I want is to be able to take calls via cell phone.

I'm with you all. I carry my cellphone when on the bike, but only for emergency calls. Otherwise it sits in the pocket until I get back home!

Actually I ordered one of those last week and will be incorporating it into my helmert audio system.

My biggest reason for doing it is mainly for when I plan on being on long rides and if the wife needs to get in contact with me. She knows I like to have fun on my Busa, and she knows what fun means, so she gets worried about me.

However I am doing my own wiring and creating my own circuitry so when I get a call a small LED inside my helmet above my visor will flash. I will at least know I have a call and I can either answer it, or wait until I pull over.

With my wife and my sons, I would hate for something to have happened and no one be able to get in touch with me.

Just my view

Looks cool, but one of the reasons I ride is to sort of 'escape'.. you know, get away from it all.. I might check my phone if I'm gone a long time, but I don't want to 'chat' while riding.

Same here Haywood, but I feel ya Thrasher on the longer rides. Love ones might want to reach you.....but then again it's quality time with my Baby too. LOL
tounge.gif

Back