Another day at the office

Mason357

Registered
Just thought I'd share this pic with everyone. Some might not know but, my job is working with wolves.
This pic I'm giving Blue the wolf a kiss on the nose the other wolf in the background is Niwah. Pic was taken where I work Wolf Moutain Sanctuary in Lucerne Valley CA. If your ever in the area stop by for a tour you'll even get to go inside some of the enclosers with the more sociable wolves and is well worth it. If I'm not there just tell any of the other staff or the CEO Tonya Mason sent ya for a tour go to WOLF MOUNTAIN SANCTUARY - HOME PAGE if your interested in a tour,making a donation (it helps a lot just meat for the wolves cost around $800 for 3 days worth of meat). Hope yaw enjoy the pic I love my job.

Ps. I have more pics working with the wolves if yaw wanna see em.

blue.jpg

Oh wow! Beautiful!! Yep, we need more pics of the wolves...amazing creatures! Thanks for the invite :thumbsup:

yes, pls post more pics, you know we love them, thats a cool pic, how many wolves do they have at the sanctuary? oops sry i see the site says 14, thats quite a few.

I have a poodle that howls at the tv when wolves appear on the NatGeo channel. Do you reckon folks would pay to watch? :laugh:

Nice photo. I'm envious of your job.

I have a wolf sanctuary across the lake from me called "Wolf Haven" near Tenino, Washington. On summer nights when my bedroom window is open I can hear them howling. It's pretty cool and actually my little toy poodle will sometimes howl back. Pretty funny to watch.

I had some antelope meat some time back that had been in the freezer too long that I donated to the wolves and moose meat on another occasion. The folks at the sanctuary was extremely grateful as well as the wolves I'm sure.

Congrats on having such a fun and rewarding job. :thumbsup:

I have a poodle that howls at the tv when wolves appear on the NatGeo channel. Do you reckon folks would pay to watch? :laugh:

Nice photo. I'm envious of your job.

I have a wolf sanctuary across the lake from me called "Wolf Haven" near Tenino, Washington. On summer nights when my bedroom window is open I can hear them howling. It's pretty cool and actually my little toy poodle will sometimes howl back. Pretty funny to watch.

I had some antelope meat some time back that had been in the freezer too long that I donated to the wolves and moose meat on another occasion. The folks at the sanctuary was extremely grateful as well as the wolves I'm sure.

Congrats on having such a fun and rewarding job. :thumbsup:

I play wolf howls on my computer and my Shepherd looks off into the dark and takes on a whole different personality with a special long howl! I will definately stop at the sanctuary and contribute as well come Spring!

Gee Steven....I didn't take you as a "toy poodle type of guy"!

Doyle

(btw, I used to have two Malteese!)

100_0341.jpg

Hey, I didn't get tagged with "Tuff Poodle Coach" for nothing! :laugh:

Agile critter he is!

Mutley 23.jpg

Mason357 - I will be visiting you soon! With the storm coming in this weekend we won't be traveling too far away from the SB Mts. but when the weather is better I would like to visit, donate and adopt a Wolf.
That is one beautiful animal and I used to have a partial wolf, we now have Huskies.
Looks like you are just North of us and we have been looking for a place like this since we visited one in Alaska.
Ride safe and keep warm this weekend, it's gonna get cold in them thar Mts!
Bubba

Beautiful pic, but I hope the average member here doesn't think they can walk up to a wolf and lay a kiss on them. They hunt in packs and you wouldn't stand a chance in the wild or elsewhere. The OP stated " more sociable wolves " there's a reason he stated that.

I love all animals, but I have great respect for them as well. We have a Red Wolf Sanctuary here. I'm not sure that these are full blooded Red Wolves. Maybe the OP can tell us if they are extinct or not. Trying to recall all the info on a field trip that happened many years ago.

Sewee Visitor & Environmental Education Center

Back