Another day another General.....

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
ISAF chief Gen. John Allen under investigation amid Petraeus probe - CNN.com

2 down and ..... To go....

You have to :rofl: with the article title. A sex scandal and title is 'General gets probed' :rofl:

So for those that serve the question now begs. Is this common? If all who did it were ousted would there be anyone left? Or just a few lost soul higher ups? Even the White House is in shock over this one cuz they had prepared to appt this guy next week to another position. The FBI is on a witch hunt and taking no prisoners. Anyone have any ideas as to who's pulling the FBI's strings and driving them all the sudden?

Let me see, its okay for our pres to get a BJ from a ugly fat chick but a guy with a proven combat track record gets a little on the side (I think its not right myself) and he gets hung out to dry by the FBI? What is the FBI dabbling into military matters for anyway, they have their ow CID? Sounds like the night of the long knives redux, American pop culture style. The hypocrisy in our government is appalling.

I am curious why the FBI seems to have 'power' over such high military positions?
Should they not have shared the info with the Gens bosses and let the military do the revealing and investigation? I don't understand how the FBI can be responsible for bringing these guys down? Actually they are doing it to themselves the FBI is just telling us about it but you get my point.

The FBI is doing it so know body can say cover up. I think this whole thing is stupid..I don’t care how many girl friends he has on the side. He can have 100 and I wouldn’t care, it was the sharing of info that makes me say...THE MORON's GOT TO GO!!!! It’s a share to have such a GREAT career ruined but letting your other head do all the thinking. Just like I don’t care that Clinton was getting some on the side as long as he wasn’t sharing secrets with Monica I didn’t see the need to try and impeach him.

Charlie as a fellow married man I'm surprised you have no problems with adultery.

Same as Clinton you have to believe them.
If Clinton had said china attacked us first and it's WWIII we would have to believe him.
But if he is lying to his wife the one he's supposed to honor the most he wound have no probe lying to you.
Same goes for the gens. In charge of 1000s of lives they need to be trustworthy. These guys aren't in my opinion.

To think a woman complaining about anonymous threatening emails ignited this whole thing. Once the FBI started digging and found out that the person sending the emails was tied to an affair with Petraeus it was a wrap. I hear some involved have hired Judy Smith, she is the fixer that the TV show Scandal is based on.

MORAL DECAY is what it is and I won't tolerate it.
Bad examples of leadership they are. No different than Sport or Rock stars.
People look up to them and this is what they portray? C ya later.

SOME of you civilians don't seem to get it. The populace has more than once held our military leaders in a higher regard than any other profession (lawyers and politicians at the bottom, btw) AS IT SHOULD BE and must stay that way. I expect and DEMAND a person who is going to give me orders that might involve killing to have character and standards higher than most. Sad, but that is inviolate of the faith that military subordinates put in their superior leaders that they have to go for something like this.

I know loose morals seem to be so blase' in the civilian world (or the halls of Congress and the White House), but not nearly to this extent in the military one (especially at senior levels, with security clearance issues). It might go on privately, but once it comes out, that's the end of that soldier's career. It has to be that way.

To give an example: I had a Battalion Commander when I was the S3 (Operations Officer) who actually tested postive for Cocaine on his urinalysis. I thought I knew this man pretty well, and I trusted him implicitly. I was pretty shaken when I got a phone call from the Brigade Commander who said he was GONE and I was acting Commander until they refilled the slot. He broke the trust of me and our soldiers, and I was left holding the bag with my own thoughts, plus how to keep the unit's morale from self-destructing. The only thing that saved us was that IT WAS NOT covered up and he paid the price.

Like I said, the MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE UNIVERSE....

It is VERY INTERESTING how this is all now coming out AFTER the election....not that I think it would have changed the results because I think it's too late for that.

I think Allen's gonna come out clean on this one; unfortunatley his record will still get tarnished.

Both he and Petraeus ran McDill at one time and Mrs. Kelley was a civilian representative. So they both probably had email contact w/her. This all got out because of woman's jealous (Broadwell), but now anyone at that high a level that had contact with Mrs. Kelley is going to get interviewed.

I got one question: If the FBI was able to pierce Ms. Broadwell's and the head of the CIA's email to track who sent/said what to Mrs. Kelley, why the hell can't they track and capture Anonymous????

I got one question: If the FBI was able to pierce Ms. Broadwell's and the head of the CIA's email to track who sent/said what to Mrs. Kelley, why the hell can't they track and capture Anonymous????

Seems to me that they would have no trouble gaining access to Broadwell's email account through legal means once the threatening/harassing messages were reported by Jill Kelley. Of course, depending on the mail servers involved, it seems possible that FOIA could have played a role as well. :dunno:

General Allen was identified during the investigation of the email trail between Mrs. Broadwell and Mrs. kelly. The information has been turned over to the DoD and Gen Allen's nomination for European Command and NATO is on hold at the SecDef's request. The information contained in the documentation to this point has been listed as Flirtatious, however, there have been no accusations so far; also, remember that the word adultery is being thrown around... there is neither evidence of adultry in General Allen's case, nor is there speculation. When asking the question of how someone could send inappropriate emails - look at what you post on FB, or what you message people - look at what you post here or on other forums, to include pics and the comments that you make on them. What is inappropriate may never equate to adultery; also, what one person considers inappropriate...
Just my .02 -

I'd like to see the FBI files on all of Obama's gay lovers from that Chicago bathhouse he is known to be a member of.

Charlie as a fellow married man I'm surprised you have no problems with adultery.

Same as Clinton you have to believe them.
If Clinton had said china attacked us first and it's WWIII we would have to believe him.
But if he is lying to his wife the one he's supposed to honor the most he wound have no probe lying to you.
Same goes for the gens. In charge of 1000s of lives they need to be trustworthy. These guys aren't in my opinion.

I get what you are saying but I don’t really care what his morals are. I have strong family morals that I will not compromise for anything but he obviously does not. I do not care if he cheats on his wife; that is an internal family mater that has no bearing on my family. I do not care what his feelings are towards gay marriage or if he donates money to any funds that I do not agree with. I understand what you and Skydivr are saying about him (and other “leaders”) being held to higher standards and I use to completely agree with that. Now, with today’s media, and Social Networks airing every damn piece of their personal lives I cannot sit here and demand a perfect person to lead us. I have just been soured to the point that I no longer care how you live your personal life. All I care about is your ability to do the job you were hired to do. So…as I said before…I do not care about him cheating on his wife nor do I think he should be canned for it. What I do care about is that he was feeding her info, for that he should be treated as a traitor and punished accordingly. But its like you said Saiid...if you're untrustworthy you're untrustworthy. No body is poerfect so who's to say at what level of lie do we ruin your professional life over?

And I completly agree with this being a smoke screen and im pissed that the info was sat on until after the elections. I do not think it ould have effected anything so why keep it from the general public???

And the list keeps getting bigger...wow it sure seems like there is some kind of purge going on in the senior ranks....and right after an election....
--------------------------------------------

The former head of U.S. Africa Command was accused of spending thousands of dollars and has been demoted.

WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has demoted the former head of U.S. Africa Command who was accused of spending thousands of dollars on lavish travel and other unauthorized expenses, the Pentagon said Tuesday.
Panetta stripped Gen. William "Kip" Ward of a star, which means that he will now retire as a three-star lieutenant general. Ward also has been ordered to repay the government $82,000.
Secretary of the Army John McHugh concurred with Panetta's decision, Pentagon press secretary George Little said in a statement Tuesday.
The demotion came after retired Army Gen. David Petraeus resigned as CIA director because of an extramarital affair and Marine Gen. John Allen was being investigated for potentially improper communications with a woman.
"Secretary Panetta insists that leaders within the Department of Defense exemplify both professional excellence and sound judgment," Little said. "The secretary is committed to ensuring that any improprieties or misconduct by senior officers are dealt with swiftly and appropriately."
A spokesman for Ward said Tuesday that the general "has never been motivated by personal gain and fulfilled each and every mission assigned to him and served his country and the men and women assigned to his commands with distinction."
"While Gen. Ward is not perfect he has always been guided by his faith in God and the belief that there is no greater honor as a patriot than to lead those who choose to serve our nation in the armed forces," spokesman Chris Garrett said in a statement.
Retiring as a three-star general will cost Ward about $30,000 a year in retirement pay, giving him close to $208,802 a year rather than the $236,650 he would receive as a four-star general.
Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, had urged Panetta to allow Ward to retire at his full four-star general rank, according to defense officials.
A report by the Defense Department inspector general found that Ward used military vehicles to shuttle his wife on shopping trips and to a spa and billed the government for a refueling stop overnight in Bermuda, where the couple stayed in a $750 suite. The report detailed lengthy stays at lavish hotels for Ward, his wife and his staff members, and the use of five-vehicle motorcades when he traveled to Washington.
The report also said Ward and his wife, Joyce, accepted dinner and Broadway show tickets from a government contractor during a trip during which he went backstage to meet actor Denzel Washington. The couple and several staff members also spent two nights at the Waldorf Astoria hotel.
Other charges were that Ward often extended his overseas trips — particularly those to the U.S. — for personal reasons, resulting in "exponential" increases in costs.
Although the report included responses from Ward to a number of the allegations, investigators often found records and statements that contradicted his explanations. At one point, Ward defended the Bermuda layover, saying that it came up on short notice, which is why his security team had to stay there longer. The report found records showing that the layover had been planned for at least four days in advance.
A common theme running through the report was Ward's insistence that his wife travel with him at government cost, even though it was often not authorized and she performed few official duties. It said he also routinely stayed in high-priced suites in luxury hotels rather than in standard rooms or less expensive locales.
The allegations, coming after a 17-month investigation, delayed Ward's planned April 2011 retirement. And they were an embarrassing end note to his career, since he had claimed a place in history as the military's first commander of Africa Command.
Panetta's options regarding Ward were limited by complex laws and military guidelines. He had only one real choice: Allow Ward to retire as a four-star or demote him and force him to retire as a lieutenant general.
In order for Ward to be demoted to two-star rank, investigators would have to conclude that he also had problems before moving to Africa Command, and officials said that does not appear to be the case.
The investigation dragged on for so long that that Ward was temporarily dropped to two-star status. Under military guidelines, if a full general is not serving in a four-star command or office for more than 60 days, he or she is automatically reduced to two-star rank. Ward would not be able to recoup any back pay for the time at the two-star rank, even though he is being retired at the three-star level.
Major general, or two-star, is the highest rank to which an officer can be promoted by regular military action. Becoming a three-star — lieutenant general — or a four-star general requires a presidential nomination and confirmation by Congress. It, therefore, is not considered permanent and lasts only as long as the person is serving in a job of that rank.
That technical demotion is not uncommon as generals move from job to job and unexpected delays occur. It would not have affected Ward's ability to retire as a four-star, if he had been cleared of the charges.

Per Fox News:

BREAKING: Former CIA Director David Petraeus has agreed to testify before House and Senate intelligence committees on the deadly attacks on the US Consulate in Libya, Fox News confirms

Back