Another converted Kawi rider...:p

The Big Red One

Registered
I just wanna say this forum and all you great folks helped me make a red LE 2004 Busa' my first new bike. So far its been everything I was told to expect...and then some
biggrin.gif
I'm coming off an 86' Ninja 1000R, which has been a great bike, and being a bit of a kawi man (H1's,2's,GPZ's..) I was kinda leaning towards the 12R. But your honest descriptions (and the Busa's boatload of torque
tounge.gif
) convinced me of the error of my ways. And man is that red gorgeous in person....nothing like the online pics. I've only got 220 miles on it but up to 5500 rpm at 2/3's to 3/4's throttle it feels almost as fast as my piped/jetted/advanced/ 1000 ran to the redline..which isn't much slower than my buddies 95 GSXR 1100........kinda scaryyy
wow.gif
 and its bone stock and quiet as a caddy...how is that possible?..lol. When does this beast REALLY start to pull?...7-8 grand or so? And does anybody know the diff between the cali model and 49 state?....my cali version weighs 2 more lb's than the 49 state. And man do I dig that new bike smell when I'm riding it....mmm...mmmm
biggrin.gif
anyways guys thanks again for the hospitality, think I'm gonna like it here
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091096588 -->

biggrin.gif

Well, welcome to the board! Around 7k is when she starts to really kick. Don't what the differences with the CA models are so I can't help. The ride has just begun for 'ya and make sure you post some pics of the bike!

Congrats on the new 'busa...sorry can't help with the california model thing...ride safe and enjoy...it only gets better and better!!

congrats big red! hey, we SNARED another one. ;) I had a tricked out 86 KAW 1000R also and I HAD to get something at LEAST as fast when replacement time came. when I first got the Busa and was breaking it in, I thought "Eh... goes pretty good" and was a little depressed it wasn't DECADES ahead of my KAW, but after breakin, trackdays, backroads, 14K miles, I've been WAY MORE than happy and never looked back at that harsh rattle bucket KAW I used to think was so much fun.
biggrin.gif

Here's to the memory: SALUTE!

Ninja_1000.gif

The CA model has some extra gadgets for clean air such as the lambda oxygen senser that adds a few pounds.

But anyway welcome aboard. I agree the red looks much better in person and in the sunlight.

Welcome EX- Kawi dude! Yeah right around 7 to 8k is when the fun really starts....Just ride the heck out of her til you get your miles done then let her rip!! Oh yeah make sure you change your oil and filter to get out all the nasties from the initial break-in....then let her rip!!
race.gif

Enjoy and be safe!!

Dan
egitarre77.gif

I too have the new 04 limited and only have about 400 miles on it and waiting to see what 7K feels like. I have also kept mine at 5500 rpm or less and the low end torque is great. I feel I can still kick other bikes a$$ with only half throttle....wow is all I have to say and congrats

in_Drive_way.jpg

congrats on the purchase-- I love the blacked out frame on the LEs! I know how you feel-- I'm bringing mine in for the first service tomorrow and look forward to having more rpms at my disposal
smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome guys
biggrin.gif
I think I've just raised my motorcycling to a new level. My 1000R is a great bike.......but like you said JD my Kawi's have also always shifted like a box of rocks (unlike the Busa, smooth as butta!)...and they seem to feel kinda loose and rattly no matter how low the miles. But they've always had solid fast motors that just sounded MEAN..lol.
I'm at 4500 ft. of elevation....and rode my Busa up from close to sea level, and I didn't seem to notice a big drop-off power wise like my 1000R goes through.The 1000's a quick bike for sure...but at this elevation the Busa's fuel injection seems to hold more power. I expected the Busa to not be THAT much faster than my 1000R either....but so far it feels alot quicker. I wonder if the altitude and FI play a part in that?....or maybe the Busa's so strong and quiet down low that my loud as hell wind it up to go fast 1000R just feels slower now? Either way the Busa has renewed my fire for riding....now I just need 760 more break in miles to REALLY grin!
jump9.gif
By the way JD I have the Red/Black 1000R...I'm also gonna miss it...Salute
super.gif

I would echo the "all around bike" sentiment...strong from the standing start, untouchable stoplight to stoplight, no slouch in
the twistes if you've got the balls and will do the long haul
trek without a problem...I would call that qualifications for "all
around bike" honors!!
Ride safe...

Back