Another clutch ?

03LEBUSA

Registered
just took it apart to see what it looks like 13K on it but bought it at 9K who knows what was done prior, oh and approx 130 passes down the track. all the fibers look great, some steels are blued in spots, no grooves or metal to metal the fibers actually look real good. springs are prob stock I would think. stack height of all 10 fibers and 9 steels is 1.982, from what I have heard this is good. clutch felt great but my trap speed seems low avg 140-143 and I weigh 157lbs nikked. some guys were reccomending I take a look to see if it is slipping at all. some bluing ok on the steels? I was at least gonna do new springs should they be stock or harder springs? mods in sig are pretty accurate thanks for any info

why not clean them up while you have it apart, use some steel wool to get the blue out...my clutch has 26,000 miles on it bone stock never even looked at it and it goes down the drag strip every Friday for 3 years now

I was gonna do just that but I started this year using it more for the track so think I should at least put new springs in? I hear ya though , right now I have an 008 slick on it and on the street I can turn that thing for 60-70ft from a 2nd gear roll so I say clutch is fine but b/c of the trap speed I have some guys are saying it should be higher 140's like 146 -147 or so especially with my weight. thanks

yeah... my trap speed where slow untill i changed out my sprockets, i bet the guys tellingyou your slow have already done that too... i use 17/43 but some fellow busa rider who is 5 foot 4 140#s uses 16/45 and runs 9.04 in the quarter at 145 mph on a stock bore and strock busa 2005....you may do the clutch mod and new springs heres the ones from schnitz racing who is a sponser on here..if you tell them your on the board you may get a discount too
scroll down about half way ...everything in these 4 pages is for 99-2007 busa
http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4888623&showprevnext=1

thanks I think I will do that since it is apart it wont feel so wasted, I am 16-42 now but my best et came when I ws 16-40, I think b/c when I went to 42t I had to shift again near the end

Back