Another check valve ?? for FMU

arthur39

Registered
seen 2 ways of doing this on the Hayabusa, some install check valve on the vacuum line into the FMU which would not allow the fmu to see vacuum. Corky Bell's website explains it this way:

"Two functions are accomplished by the check valve. One, the simple plugging of a small vacuum/boost leak. Second, vacuum is required to pull the pre-load spring under the center screw away from the valve so stock fuel pressures can be achieved under manifold vacuum conditions. The check valve white end attaches to 4" vacuumline, and the line plugs onto the 10-32 hose barb attached to the needle valve. This allows venting the boostsignal for adjustment, but will seal under vacuum. The check valve blows off into the atmosphere, do nothook it to the manifold or anywhere"

I am confused a on the right way of doing this on the bike, can someone clarify this? thanks
a pic is included to the way I think Corky Bell is suggesting

DSC_2873.jpg

seen 2 ways of doing this on the Hayabusa, some install check valve on the vacuum line into the FMU which would not allow the fmu to see vacuum. Corky Bell's website explains it this way:

"Two functions are accomplished by the check valve. One, the simple plugging of a small vacuum/boost leak. Second, vacuum is required to pull the pre-load spring under the center screw away from the valve so stock fuel pressures can be achieved under manifold vacuum conditions. The check valve white end attaches to 4" vacuumline, and the line plugs onto the 10-32 hose barb attached to the needle valve. This allows venting the boostsignal for adjustment, but will seal under vacuum. The check valve blows off into the atmosphere, do nothook it to the manifold or anywhere"

I am confused a on the right way of doing this on the bike, can someone clarify this? thanks
a pic is included to the way I think Corky Bell is suggesting

Putting your check valve after the FMU instead of before it is a BIG mistake. The fitting with the valve should have nothing on it at all. The signal hose that feeds the FMU should have the check valve in it, so that the FMU never sees vacuum . . . also, make sure you set your base fuel pressure with that center screw while the bike is idling. The setting of the bleed valve usually ends up being 1 to 1 1/2 turns out - this determines the rate of gain, and should be finalized when the bike is dyno tuned and never changed after that.:rulez:

Hi gents...

i saw today this regulator and was looking a little bit arround...
whats your experience with this stuff..you think it´s possible
to get 400HP with 450-500 cc injectors(stand alone no secondary)
by using this regulator and and a strong fuel pump.
At a injectors dutycyle of 85 % ????

Thanks for info..

MAX

Back