Another call me a dumb a$$ question

hardwork2

Registered
I finally got my 05 le and have been trying to get the stickers of so I could get some pics.posted and the only thing I've accomplished is most of 1 and scratching the g@d d@^n frame. I' not even going to try the 1 on top of the tank. Why in the hell did they put it there in the first g@d d@^n place?

If you have access to a heat gun, they work well. But be careful with it. Otherwise a 1500 hairdryer will work, but takes a little longer. Just give it time and eventually the bond will break and you can peel away the sticker. Wouldn't recommend heat gun on painted surface.

Believe it or not...I used a new razor blade to get the sticker off my tank..just keep it at a severe angle and be careful! After the sticker itself is off, you'll end up with some sore finger-ends.. Gotta rub, rub, rub!!! Use some glass cleaner as well.
Might not be the approved solution, but it worked for me!
biggrin.gif

Believe it or not...I used a new razor blade to get the sticker off my tank..just keep it at a severe angle and be careful!  After the sticker itself is off, you'll end up with some sore finger-ends..  Gotta rub, rub, rub!!!  Use some glass cleaner as well.
biggrin.gif
wow , you got more bawls than i do!

I used a plastic razor blade , its time consuming but it works.

Believe it or not...I used a new razor blade to get the sticker off my tank..just keep it at a severe angle and be careful!  After the sticker itself is off, you'll end up with some sore finger-ends..  Gotta rub, rub, rub!!!  Use some glass cleaner as well.
biggrin.gif
wow , you got more bawls than i do!

I used a plastic razor blade , its time consuming but it works.
You know what they say!...

Ya either got big stones or are as dumb as a box of 'em!

Not sure which one I am!
laugh.gif

You asked for it... Dumba$$
biggrin.gif
(sorry couldn't help it)
I used a heat gun on mine as well.

<!--EDIT|usmcbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141587828 -->

THEY MAKE A STICKER REMOVAL IN A SPRAY CAN THAT YOU CAN GET AT YOUR LOCAL AUTO PARTS STORE. IT'S CALLED STICKER SHOCK COMES IN A 6oz CAN.JUST SPRAY ON AND LET IT SET AROUND 5 MIN,THEN HEAT IT WITH A HAIR DRYER AND PEEL OFF.KEEP A RAG AROUND IT SO IT DON'T RUN EVER WHERE.THEN WASH W/SOAP AND WATER, DRY AND WAX.ITS A LOT, BUT NO SCRATCHES!!!!
biggrin.gif

Used my thumbnail on mine. Took about an hour on the tank sticker and my thumb hurt for a week but no scratches and it's gone! Do it after it's been sitting in the sun for a while on a hot day and it's a little easier.

--Wag--

Guys, guys, guys....

I have the ultimate solution, and you have to see it to believe it.

Go to wal mart into the paint area, and get a plastic wallpaper stripper tool. I assure you it does NOT scratch the surface, and it rolls the stickers off in one FELL SWOOP. I kid you NOT.

I guarantee you. You literally slowly slide it and the sticker rolls right off with no residue.

SOMEONE go try this and back me up. I feel the need to spread the word.

Hair dryer, thumbnail, and bug/tar remover (supposedly safe for paint). I washed and waxed it right after. Looks great.

HayaVegas, if that really works I could've used your advice this weekend! My thumb is still sore from the tank sticker
mad.gif

Back